Generalist, Human Resources - Act Two Program
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Act Two career relaunch program at NBCUniversal is a 6-month paid, fixed-term role for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for personal reasons such as caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce (in an office/ corporate environment) for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or another dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At NBCU, we appreciate the skills you can offer, the diverse perspective you can provide, and the contributions you will make. We understand that while careers may pause, talent doesn't. Our Act Two program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, gain new experience and get professional development support through our partnership with Path Forward.
Duties and Responsibilities
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
• Provide a broad range of HR support in support of functional objectives, strategic goals, and human resource initiatives
• Lead and leverage HR processes (incl. Staffing, Benefits, Performance Management, Compensation/Reward Management, Learning & Development, Employee Engagement & Communication, Onboarding, and Intern and Non-Staff Recruitment)
• Provide coaching to employees regarding employee relations issues
• Work to resolve employee and organizational issues in a proactive and positive manner
• Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and individual employees that further the mission, values and strategic vision of the functions
• Create an environment of positive employee relations, keeps confidentiality, establishes trust and credibility, seen by employees as approachable and fair, balances business needs with employee needs, and spends significant time interfacing directly with employees/client base
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field of study
• Minimum of 3 years relevant HR experience (Experience with recruiting, employee development, organizational development, and or compensation preferred)
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered (note job#: XXXXXBR)
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Master's degree in HR and/or MBA
• Strong business acumen, analytical and project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated coaching/mentoring skills; results orientation; high energy; comfortable handling multiple tasks and competing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to translate 'big picture' business strategy into an HR plan which can be executed
• Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
• Previous experience in cable, television or entertainment industry
• Proven team player