Field Producer / Producer
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Field Producer / Producer - Ca Live
The California Live team is looking for a motivated self-starter and great partner to join their daily live lifestyle show. California Live airs Monday through Friday at 11:30am on NBC4, Los Angeles, NBC Bay Area and NBC7, San Diego. Here's how we describe California Live to our fans!
CA Live is a place for people at home to hang and have fun with friends for a half hour during the week. A chance for the audience to connect, relate and share like never before. They're invited to come along with CA Live on a ride through all of California, discovering many of the hidden treasures this great state, and its people have to offer. Our focus is on fun! CA Live will find where the locals go. Hidden gems will be uncovered. Revealing where to eat, drink, shop, exercise, meet, work, date, explore and live your best California Life. CA Live is not just a daily show, it's a daily destination where our audience can always find a friend
• Work closely with the entire California Team to produce engaging and entertaining lifestyle content for a live, innovative morning lifestyle show. While â€œCA Liveâ€ is a daily TV show, social and digital experience is a huge plus. This Live, ground-breaking show engages with audience members across California. Production responsibilities include research, conducting interviews, writing, editing, field producing and live line producing.
• Knowledge and experience is a must about lifestyle, entertainment, pop-culture, current events and cultural stories that generate buzz.
• The CA Live Field Producer/Producer brainstorms, pitches ideas, research topics and works closely with the Executive Producer and entire team to advance stories and produce segments both in- studio and in the field.
• Communication, organization and being a good citizen is a must to join this team! While this team is small in size, the goal is to work closely and efficiently to make the job fun and entertaining.
• Work with correspondents on day-of-air hits. Locate all video needed whether it be in-house archival or acquired through shoots, satellite feeds, company hand-outs. Work with editors to create video elements for reporter live hits and packages, create chyron elements in show rundowns, making sure all elements are done correctly. Alert reporter to any time changes or timing issues with hit.
• Book taped and live interview segments, thoroughly research the guest/topic and conduct pre-interviews. Take ownership of the segment from pitch to production, including but not limited to: updating guest tracker, booking feeds, collecting relevant video, working with editors to cut elements for segment, summarizing pre-interview for reporter or host, making certain of correct spelling and pronunciation of guest names and adhering to booking rules
• Plan and contribute to digital and social coverage.
• Work with sales teams to produce integrated content
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience in television production
• Experience creating compelling lifestyle content
• Experience in booking, segment producing, field producing in television
• Minimum 5 years' experience working in main show producing television (i.e. morning shows, lifestyle shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.).
• Minimum 5 years of experience writing, producing for television (mid/large market)
• Proficiency in working with the latest television production technology (both hardware and software)
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments, while working with multiple correspondents and editors
• Experience with multiple forms of social media.
• Experience with basic field camera operation (DV, DSLR), Avid iNews, Dalet and content management systems.
• Must be willing to travel, often with short notice.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Creative mindset and keen interest in lifestyle and pop culture content
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments
• Competitive success in delivering both ratings and rank success
• Experience in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego audience and communities
• Knowledge of current events, politics, pop culture and lifestyle
• Basic understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics in all platforms, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels