Fall Paid Intern - NBC Owned Stations & Affiliates
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Part Time Paid Internship
NBC Owned Stations & Affiliates – NBC4 Fall 2019 Internships – (LA)
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
Producers, reporters, photographers, salespeople, editors, research directors, promotions writers… these are just some of the opportunities that await you at the NBC Owned Stations & Affiliates. NBC Owned Stations & Affiliates is comprised of 12 television stations in many of the biggest markets in the country bound together by the mission to produce and deliver compelling unique local news, information and entertainment programming across multiple platforms in the communities we serve.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Studio / Field Production
• Daytime Talk / Interview Programming
• Research & Strategy
• Consumer & Investigative Unit
• Sales Marketing
• Local Media / News
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Research information, assist with investigations and source subjects for possible interviews and story development
• Work closely with our consumer unit, making phone calls, interviewing viewers, alleged scammers and government agencies
• Upload daily stories to our website and listen to viewer tips/complaints
• Produce breaking news under deadline and pitch original enterprise stories
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 28th, 2019
• Fall Program Dates: September 9th – December 13th, 2019
• Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Production, Public Relations/ Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Social Media, Sales, English, Digital Media, Business, Research
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership
• Experience working with the campus newspaper
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.