Fall Paid Intern - Graphic Communications
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
Graphic Design Internships exist within the following business areas:
• NBC Owned Stations and Affiliates
• Cable Entertainment
• NBC News & MSNBC
• NBC Entertainment
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Creative Studio
• Internal and External Graphics
• Web & Digital Design
• 3D Design & Animation
• UI/UX design
• Creative Services/ Brand Marketing Design
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Create internal and external media graphic materials
• Collaborate with the designers and copywriters to expedite creative timelines
• Work with the Product Managers and Design Director to understand a project's scope and your design responsibilities
• Design wireframes and user flows in sketch
• Create functional prototypes with higher fidelity designs to test with users
• Occasionally write some code (markup/css in the case of web) and commit it to GitHub to see your designs through to execution
• Assist the Digital Art Director in creating social media, marketing, product, and sales design elements for the NBC late night shows.
• Developing premium quality original artwork and marketing designs using Photoshop and Illustrator
• Developing motion graphics pieces (intro/titles, lower thirds, transitions, subtitles, animated typography, etc) to be used on multiple different platforms
• Communicate and present design concepts to the Digital Art Director and project teams; Deliver engaging and high quality creative assets for assigned projects for all digital platforms.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Online portfolio required
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 28th 2019
• Fall Program Dates: September – December 2019.
• Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.)
• HTML/CSS/Sass or willingness to learn
• Cinema 3D and/or 4D
• 2D Animation
• Typography & Logo Design
• Motion Graphics
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.