Nbcu Ent & Lifestyle Fall Internships
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Part Time Paid Internship
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal Entertainment & Lifestyle is made up of 7 leading cable brands – USA, Syfy, Bravo, E! Entertainment, Oxygen, Universal Kids, and BluPrint – as well as production entities Universal Cable Productions and Wilshire Studios.
The portfolio engages a worldwide audience across multiple platforms through powerful award-winning scripted dramas, innovative reality and lifestyle programming, popular acquired series, a rapidly expanding entertainment news division and inventive, aspirational children's television.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
Alternative Production & Programming
Digital Video Production
Digital/New Media Technology
On-Air / Off-Air Promotions
Examples of daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Assist PAs and producers in gathering elements needed for their stories such as logging interviews, pulling b-roll, research, etc.
• Updating department lists and grids, general administrative tasks, script coverage, stocking office supplies, answering phones, and covering for executive assistants
• Our intern may be asked to create lists of talent (tv stars, film stars, comedians, digital influencers, etc) and visual presentations.
• Other duties depending on specific internship department
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 28th
• Fall Program Dates: September – December 2019.
• Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Production, Public Relations/ Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Social Media, English, Digital Media, Business, Research
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.