Fall Paid Intern - Audience Research & Analysis
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Part Time Paid Internship
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
Universal Networks International, the international channels division of NBCUniversal, is one of the world's premier entertainment portfolios, delivering quality content and compelling brands to over 176 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific. The brands in the portfolio include Universal Channel, Syfy, 13th Street, Studio Universal, E! Entertainment Television, DIVA Universal, Telemundo and Golf Channel. These unique brands deliver a full range of entertainment experiences to local audiences across the globe.
NBCUniversal International Television Distribution, a division of NBCUniversal, is responsible for the distribution of NBCUniversal product to all forms of television and new media outside of the U.S. and Canada. This includes a rich library of more than 4,000 feature films and 100,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world.
• Utilize international and US ratings systems to pull and process TV ratings for regular reports and ad hoc requests
• Create one-sheets for TVD, highlighting the success of NBCU series
• Provide research support for LA Screenings, NATPE, and other major annual conferences/events.
• Format and interpret datasets
• Perform look-ups, classify / translate series and movie titles
• Internet-based research
• Data Entry
• Produce and send out Weekly Latin America Newsletter
• Track performance of NBCU series and competitive TV landscape using media research tools (Nielsen NNTV, ITVR)
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 28th 2019
• Fall Program Dates: September – December 2019.
• Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Production, Public Relations/ Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Social Media, English, Digital Media, Business, Research
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PPT
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.