Director, Production & Operations
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Production & Operations, Game Shows & Competition
• Review, negotiate, and approve budgets â€'' series, specials, development reels, pilots, additional episodes, breakage, etc.
• Review and monitor weekly ProdCo cost reports for assigned projects
• Manage and solve day-to-day production issues for assigned projects
• Manage and improve all systems relating to how Third Party ProdCos prep, shoot, and deliver to the various NBCU outlets.
• Liaise between producers and all internal departments (i.e. Creative Executives, Business Affairs, Legal, Marketing, Digital, Network Operations, etc.)
• Ensure all deliverables are complete and on-time for both domestic & international purposes
• Manage, decide and approve any insurance related decisions for assigned projects
• Review Program Planning rollouts and ensure production readiness of all series, in addition to providing Greenlight to Air projections as requested.
• Facilitate and manage all foreign compliance requirements
• Develop and maintain relationships with all active & potential Third Party ProdCos
• Attend weekly internal department meetings and act as the point person for ProdOps for your assigned projects
• Assist in managing the extensive duties of the Production Managers and Coordinators within the Alternative P&O team.
• Generally support any requests from the EVP, SVP & VP's of ProdOps
THIRD PARTY PRODUCTIONS
• Work with Executive Producers / Network Executives from project conception through and including final delivery of all program materials to determine and anticipate needs of each project
• Find/Vet 3rd party production companies
• Assess/Approve various 3rd party production companies' production plans, including budget and schedule, to make sure that Network' needs are met, as they relate to creative, technical, legal, cost, and schedule
• Explain production and technical standards, show formatting, deal memos, contracts, financial reporting, insurance, production and safety policies, and wrap requirements to all 3rd party production companies
• Review/Approve cash flow payment schedule for series.
• Review 3rd party specifications manual for accuracy before distribution
• Review 3rd party cost reports for accuracy and conduct audits of project spending
• Other projects and duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 5 years preferred of production management experience for a broadcast network, cable network, or television production company; must also have a good understanding of production workflow and have hands-on experience in reality/studio-based productions
• Able to create budgets, schedules, and full-scale production plans for a variety of program types (i.e. pilots, presentations, series, specials, live events, etc.)
• Excellent project management, accounting, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Team-oriented but able to demonstrate leadership skills, organized, accurate, articulate, responsible, flexible, resourceful, self-motivated, hands-on when needed, and able to delegate
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work cooperatively with both internal and outside production company executives