Director Of Art
NBC UniversalMexico City, MX
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Head of Art, the Director of Art will lead an internal team and external vendors to develop original concepts, briefs and pitches of multiplatform effective campaigns to achieve awareness, retention, engagement and acquisition of our products.
• Collaborating: shaping ideas and bringing them to life in real-time with the help of creative directors, copywriters, and designers.
• Designing: creating mood boards, production - ready layouts, key visuals, comps, color palettes, treatments, etc.
• Share feedback, direct instructions, visual references, mood boards, trends, and artistic resources to deliver high-level assets.
• Innovate and implement creative workflows.
• Ability to create scope of work and manage project plan with timelines and understanding of prioritizing resources, tasks, personnel and budgets.
• Lead brainstorm sessions with creative teams.
• Ability to supervise the production of live action campaigns. Assess casting, wardrobe, art direction, and director´s proposals.
• Support the Head of Art in managing the planning and logistics of a project including timelines, equipment, resources, and freelancers.
• Assists in running the day-to-day operations of the creative team.
• Reviews designers' work and provides guidance and direction to ensure high quality and standards while following the vision set by the Head of Art or Head of Creative.
• Oversight of mid-to-large level projects with input from Head of Art.
• Demonstrated creative leadership and visual abilities.
• Learning; constantly improving your craft, sharpening your visual communication skills, and maturing as a creative.
• Humility; you support other people's ideas like they were your own. You can take direction with grace and the next step with confidence.
• An understanding of what it takes to create inspiring visual effects and principals.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure on a fast-paced demanding environment, while managing highly-profile, sensitive projects.
• Demonstrated ability to represent the team at executive level meetings.
• Passion and awareness for design, motion and art
• An awareness of our business and current industry & creative trends.
• Ability to design and guide high quality work.
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish (both written and verbal)
• Minimum 2 years of experience managing a team in a creative environment and managing external vendors.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in 2D and 3D animation.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience with Photoshop, After Effects, Cinema 4D and any other 3D programs.
• Portfolio; work that demonstrates your conceptual ability and aesthetic sense. We're looking for ideas that are yours or that you have significantly shaped that are crafted to a high level.