Director, Legal Affairs
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Provide legal support for the Universal Studios Hollywood theme park and Universal CityWalk Hollywood dining, retail, and entertainment complex, including drafting, negotiating and interpreting complex commercial contracts and other legal documents, and managing compliance requirements, contractual obligations, and dispute resolution.
• Draft, negotiate, and interpret complex business contracts including leases, franchise/license agreements, intellectual property licenses, supply/service agreements, and a range of other types of agreements including sales, sponsorship, event, talent, and location/production service agreements.
• Provide legal support for special events and content clearance including talent, music, and clip licensing. Provide additional legal support for marketing clearance as needed.
• Assist SVP, Legal & Business Affairs, in providing legal counsel oversight for the Contract Administration team.
• Assist with oversight and tracking of operational compliance issues including regulatory matters other matters including safety, security, privacy, and accessibility.
• Provide legal research and general legal advice and counsel to business units as needed.
• Assist with drafting policies, procedures, and templates, and developing training surrounding compliance obligations and corporate requirements.
• Provide support for claims and pre-claims management as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• JD from an accredited law school and state bar membership required (California bar membership or qualification for California registered in-house counsel).
• 5-10 years' post-law school experience, as an attorney, preferably with top-tier law firm or corporate legal department.
• At least 5 years' experience interpreting, negotiating and drafting contracts for complex commercial transactions.
• Sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change.
• Proven ability and commitment to work both independently and collaboratively with numerous people at all levels throughout the company.
• Demonstrated ability, in a positive and practical manner, to identify, prioritize and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
• Excellent communication, organizational and administrative skills.