Director, Internal Communications and Engagement
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
The Director of Internal Communications and Engagement will create and implement strategies that will inform and enhance the overall employee culture for Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) around the world. In this global role, the individual will liaise with the senior management team to foster frequent and streamlined communication and engagement events across the employee base, especially in Los Angeles. This position will report to the UPHE VP of Human Resources with a dotted line into the VP of Internal Communications for Universal Film Entertainment Group, ensuring alignment the broader communications and engagement team within Universal (including DreamWorks Animation) and the broader NBCUniversal business. The Director, partnering with the Events Manager, will organize and produce all employee focused events for UPHE including employee town halls, Lunch & Learns, monthly global leadership calls, employee engagement and appreciation events, networking, and other events. The Director should be employee engagement-focused, proactive, strategic, and creative in his/her approach and suited for a fast-paced, demanding, but fun environment.
• Creates and implements internal communications and engagement strategies for UPHE regarding key company initiatives and programs, as well as positioning and strategy for overall message, tone and voice.
• Works closely with the President of UPHE regarding senior management involvement with any employee-related communications and events, including creating dynamic presentations for him.
• Transcribes minutes from senior management team meetings to ensure business critical discussions are cascaded into the organization.
• Partners with Human Resources to interpret data and determine effective communication strategies from employee opinion surveys, focus groups, event surveys, etc.
• Writes local and global communications to employees including executive communications, departmental updates, etc.
• Maintains and populates content for all communication channels with UPHE-related information including company updates, employee spotlights, business initiatives, event promotions, etc. Communication channels include email, company intranet sites (NBCU and Film), bulletin boards and flyers, as needed.
• Continuously evaluates the most effective platforms and behaviors to share UPHE information, updates and knowledge.
• Works closely with Film's Internal Communications team to strategize and promote, educate and inform employees regarding company news and information.
• Develops and implements creative ways to engage employees, in coordination with Human Resources.
• Creates programs and activities that matter most to the employee culture, while driving overall business performance.
• Together with the Events Manager, direct employee events that foster positive employee morale, as well as networking activities with other Film and NBCU colleagues, to celebrate important business achievements.
• Maintains a pulse on the latest trends in employee engagement and strives to innovate what's new and next.
• Partners with the Events Manager on UPHE town halls, executive meetings/roundtables and other key events.
• Collaborates inter-departmentally on community outreach initiatives that support employee engagement strategies.
• Maintains the UPHE events calendar with internal meetings and other company events and liaises with executives on event participation.
• • Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, HR, communications or journalism discipline
• • Minimum 7 years of relevant communications and events management
• Travel within and outside of Los Angeles up to 10% of the time
• • Willing and able to work long hours during events, and assist with the set up and tear down of event equipment as needed
• Relentlessly positive and a solutions-oriented attitude
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Strong PowerPoint and graphics abilities that are both informative and creative that engage the audience
• Ability and experience to work with employees at all levels within the organization and navigate a matrixed organization with various stakeholders
• Strong bend toward diplomacy with an ability to maintain confidential information
• Be excited to work with employees and leadership in varying locations