Director, in Theater Marketing
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
This Director, In-Theater Marketing position is based in Universal City, CA and reports to the Senior Vice President, In-Theater Marketing. The role involves managing a diverse set of relationships with high-level internal and external partners to set strategy and develop exhibitor programs that complement the studio's overall strategic and marketing campaigns to drive results against key metrics, deliverables, and targets. This role will be a primarily Domestic role, but will require some work with our international teams. It requires strategic thinking and execution of marketing campaigns. Strong analytical and presentation skills are essential.
• Take lead on select Film titles across Universal Pictures and Focus Features with the following responsibilities:
• Design in-theater marketing campaigns based on goals, strategy and budget
• Partner with exhibitors to identify opportunities and confirm programs
• Collaborate with marketing teams â€'' creative, publicity, brand, international, digital, and field
• Manage other team members for execution
• Measure campaign impact
• Negotiate marketing support with select exhibitors and monitor trailer impression in theaters
• Identify growth opportunities for advertising in-theater and generating incremental box office revenue in partnership with exhibition. This can include:
• Pitch and execute programs
• Identify trends and growth opportunities in all areas â€'' digital and physical, lead team initiatives to grow in-theater impact
• Manage Dolby and IMAX partnership and executions for both Domestic and Global
• Manage Dashboard on In-Theater Impressions
• Provide leadership and development to team members across the department with one dedicated direct report.
o Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in the entertainment industry or a marketing role.
o Relevant background in Theatrical and/or Brand Marketing.
o Bachelor's Degree and/or higher degree preferred
o Studio brand development or marketing experience preferred
o Experience with Google Studio, PowerBI, ComScore
o Demonstrated past strategic thinking, decision making, planning, and execution
o Heavy focus on organization and timely execution of responsibilities
o Excellent verbal, written, and messaging communication
o Ability to cultivate strong relationships with leadership, personnel and with exhibitor partners
o Strong report-out skills for internal/external senior leadership