Director, Human Resources
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Dynamic and exciting opportunity to provide human resources leadership and support for NBCUniversal's Operations and Technology organization. The role responsibilities include workforce planning, organizational design, staffing, training & development, coaching, employee relations, employee communication, and compensation planning.
• Serve as primary HR support and strategic business partner for various assigned client groups in the Operations & Technology organization.
• Lead and leverage HR processes and drive key HR initiatives across departments.
• Partner and collaborate with various business leaders on growth strategies and cost initiatives; provide HR guidance and input on decisions and execute in order to enable business strategies.
• Help to drive change within the organization, to include adoption of new workflows, staffing models, and organizational structures.
• Work with managers to focus on internal mobility and career paths for employees.
• Identify select, develop and retain world-class talent.
• Provide executive coaching to department leaders, offering feedback and advice on employee and organizational issues.
• Uncover, assess and propose opportunities for HR process improvements.
• Provide interpretation of HR policies, practices and procedures to employees and managers.
• Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive various corporate and division business initiatives.
• Manage complex employee relations issues including organizational and structural changes, conduct and direct investigations ensuring proper handling, documentation and alignment with legal.
• Work with management to develop and implement training strategies to meet employee needs. Work with Talent Development and/or selects consultants as necessary to provide programs and facilitation.
• Assist in identifying and strategically analyzing organizational development opportunities to ensure departments are set up to operate efficiently and effectively.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Related Field of Study
• Minimum 7 years relevant HR experience including employee relations and organizational development
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to effectively work, communicate and collaborate in a matrixed environment.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent leadership, problem solving, project management, and presentation skills.
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, managers and executives.
• Strong influence and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong communication skills, oral/written.
• Ability to analyze data and use data to tell a story.
• Detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow-through and analytical skills.
• Ability to execute both strategic and tactical priorities.
• Ability to work independently, juggle priorities and manage time to effectively to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment