Director, Human Resources
NBC UniversalFort Lee, NJ
Full Time Job
• Drive key HR initiatives across departments, including staffing, performance management, compensation planning, succession planning, training and development, reward and recognition, organizational effectiveness and employee communication.
• Identify, select and on-board diverse and world class talent to ensure a dynamic pipeline, extend on-going outreach to potential future hires through career fairs, organizations, events and social media.
• Partner with the leadership team and provide HR guidance developing solutions to talent gaps, training needs, cost changes, organizational structures.
• Create and execute a comprehensive employee relations strategy including working closely with union and non-union staff. Partner with Labor Relations on collective bargaining issues, resolving grievances, and furthering NBCU's relationships with its unions.
• Find opportunities to grow our employees, developing them to support current and future roles.
• Provide coaching and feedback to department leaders, line managers and employees around performance, personal issues, dispute resolution and all areas of employee engagement.
• Be a thoughtful leader for the organization and help to drive change within the organization, to include adoption of new technologies, workflows, staffing models, and organization structures.
• Communicate company policies, practices, and procedures to employees in a manner that is clear and engaging, and easy to follow.
• Foster a positive work environment and drive engagement that encourages all employees to maximize their potential and full use of diverse talents and abilities, extend beyond their comfort zone, take measured risks, look to the future.
• Uncover, assess and propose opportunities for HR, as well as operational, process improvements.
• Develop a learning and understanding of each role and responsibility supporting the organization and how those roles and responsibilities impact our product.
• Lead compliance efforts and training around potential legal risks, OSHA, FCC EEO reporting.
• Organize, create, assemble opportunities for employees to celebrate success and effort, to motivate and engage, and to recognize contributions.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field. MBA or master's degree preferred.
• 7 years of relevant HR experience including recruiting, employee development, organizational development, compliance and compensation.
• Must be willing to work in Fort Lee, NJ.
• Willingness to travel to other site locations within New York City.
• Fluent in Spanish – verbal and written.
• Proven ability to handle quick resolution of administrative requests, yet also stretch to high-level strategic future planning with executive level leaders.
• Strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups.
• Strong business acumen, analytical and project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor at all levels of the organization with respect for confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to translate 'big picture' business strategy into an HR plan which can be executed.
• Strong employee relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with employees quickly.
• Strong prioritization experience with the ability to handle multiple concurrent deliverables.
• Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Previous experience in cable, television or entertainment industry.