Director, Human Resources - IT Enterprise Technology
NBC UniversalEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
The Human Resources Director is responsible for providing strategic and operational HR leadership, direction and expertise for the Enterprise Technology organization with a client group of over ~450 employees. In collaboration with the VP, Human Resources, this person will provide day to day client support and strategic HR solutions across the Enterprise Technology organization, leading a team of two HR Managers.
• Build collaborative partnerships with leadership based on trust and collective purpose, understand the business's pain points, strengths and weaknesses and interact constantly and adeptly as a confidant and partner to line management.
• Lead and leverage HR processes (incl. Talent Acquisition, Benefits, Performance Management, Compensation/Reward Management, Learning & Development, Employee Engagement & Communications) to customize solutions to address specific business imperatives to positively impact operational performance.
• Lead workforce planning efforts and design and execute talent strategies aligned with the businesses long range goals to ready the workforce for future success.
• Develop, coach and support leadership to accelerate cultural transformation and business execution, act as a role model reinforcing organizational values and culture and promote positive reinforcement of necessary behaviors.
• Collaborate with leadership team to design, align and execute HR strategies in support of IT initiatives.
• Manage complex employee relations issues including organizational and structural changes, conduct and direct investigations ensuring prosper handling, documentation and alignment with legal.
• Anticipate and champion change initiatives and develop and implement appropriate change management plans.
• Implement and monitor adherence to HR policies, procedures and practices.
• Provide advice, counsel and coaching to employees regarding HR policies and procedures,
• Identify, select, develop and retain world-class talent and ensure a dynamic pipeline
• Uncover, assess and propose opportunities for HR process improvements
• Understands and interprets financial data and budgets to understand impact on financial outcomes when planning and prioritizing work.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 7 years professional level HR generalist experience
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered (note job#: XXXXXBR)
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY & Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Master's degree (MBA, MILR)
• Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including U.S employment and labor laws, employee relations, management & leadership development, performance management, organizational design and compensation philosophies
• Ability to resolve complex problems by discovering root cause of critical issues through data analysis and develop creative and effective solutions.
• Has extensive knowledge of HR-related disciplines and can bring the best of HR to bear in order to solve people-related business challenges.
• Advances acceptance of ideas through personal skills and persuasion. Identifies key stakeholders and fluently discusses the pros and cons of change. Can confidently sell an idea, exhibits gravitas and credibility.
• Able to ''push back'' and ask pertinent, probing questions of leaders. Able to ask the tough questions and challenge the thinking and assumptions of team members with courageous professionalism. Able to take a stand even when doing so is unpopular.
• Is comfortable and composed in situations in which the goals and / or processes to achieve objectives are unclear. Sets a path to enable the organization to confidently work through unclear circumstances.
• Strong team leader, ability to set vision, align objectives, provide regular and ongoing performance feedback and build development plans.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and SAP
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Process and detail oriented, including strong organization, time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently, make independent decisions, and strategize and influence at all organizational levels
• Demonstrated ability to understand the clients' business and develop both strategic and tactical solutions to tangible business challenges
• Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization