Director, Human Resources & Employee Relations
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/9/2023 8:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Human Resources & Employee Relations jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Human Resources & Employee Relations postings
Full Time Job
This role will provide Human Resources support to Universal Studio Group. This role is primarily responsible for Human Resource and Employee Relations issues for television productions based in the Eastern US and Canada. This position reports to the VP, Human Resources, Universal Studio Group.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Direct and manage high volume of employee relations investigations regarding complaints, harassment, integrity violations, retaliation, and performance concerns. Provide recommendations and collaborate with Labor Relations and Employment Law on solutions, investigatory outcomes and/or formal disciplinary action.
• Provide daily HR partnership to production-based employees including heavy employee relations, performance management, ad hoc reporting and compliance with HR policies and procedures for represented and non-represented staff.
• Create an environment of positive employee relations by respecting confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility, being seen by employees as approachable and fair, and balancing business needs with employee needs.
• Conduct and manage performance, corrective action, and integrity issues in collaboration with Legal and Labor Relations.
• Mentor junior members of the HR team on investigations and performance management.
• Provide coaching to employees & managers, offer feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner.
• Strong knowledge of state (New York) and Federal employment practices, policies, legal & EEOC guidelines, as well as compensation, wage and hour, benefits administration, etc.
• Partner with management to help develop and facilitate training strategies to meet employee needs, including supervisory training, and skill development.
• Travel to production locations to attend on site legal compliance trainings in US and Canada.
• Manage employee relations activities such as special events, employee advocacy, monitoring and reporting for Production departments, and conflict resolution initiatives.
• Continually monitor and maintain company policies and procedures, and remain current on relevant legal issues relating to employment.
• Participate in broader HR projects in support of the entire Universal Studio Group organization.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 10 years relevant HR experience, preferably in HR Management or as an employee relations specialist.
• Ability to travel within the US and internationally.
• Creative problem solver with a passion for Employee Relations
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking skills
• Strong understanding of applicable State and Federal employment laws and general business practices
• Previous experience with labor unions strongly preferred
• Excellent leadership, problem solving, project management, and presentation skills required
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, managers and executives
• Strong persuasion and conflict resolution skills required
• Must be detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow-through and analytical skills
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities often
• Solid written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interface with others inside and outside of the company in a positive and professional manner
• Must be able to work independently with the ability to juggle priorities and manage time to effectively meet deadlines
• Media/Broadcast/Cable/Production experience preferred
• Comfortable working in both a corporate environment as well as a production environment
• Sense of humor appreciated, quick thinking and approachable nature
• Ability to work in a diverse, and fast paced environment
• Ability to travel domestic and internationally
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
• This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $130,000 - $165,000 (bonus eligible).
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].