Director, Diversity Equity and Inclusion
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/22/2022 6:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Diversity Equity and Inclusion jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Director, Diversity Equity and Inclusion postings
Full Time Job
The Director Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) will lead the strategic direction, business planning and program support for DEI initiatives for Universal Studios Hollywood (USH). This position will partner with USH leadership and team members, leveraging DEI focus to influence business strategies including work force planning, team member experience, product development and guest experience. Reporting to the Chief Diversity Officer for Universal Parks & Resorts, the Director DEI will drive local efforts to support change across the UPR division globally and promote a culture where diversity, equity, and inclusion is a top priority for the business. This position is physically located in Hollywood and will work hybrid in office and from home.
• Work with UPR diversity team to develop and execute short-term and long-term DEI business strategies.
• Lead a comprehensive Diversity plan for the USH business, focusing on workforce goals and employee engagement.
• Build trusted partnership with USH division leadership and be a Thought Leader for an inclusive workplace culture where employees feel respected, valued, safe and are encouraged to speak up and bring their full selves to work each day.
• Partner with HR on pipeline development programs and partnerships along with conversion and retention of employees out of such programs and partnerships.
• Develop capabilities to address and bolster employee engagement. Work with Employee Resource Groups to support business and team goals.
• Manage communication of UPR DEI principles and best practices.
• Bachelor's degree
• 5 years of management experience
• DEI strategic planning and execution experience
• Demonstrated experience working with senior business management and the ability to understand and translate business objectives to counsel leaders to achieve desired DEI outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility to navigate and influence in a complex environment
• Exceptional oral, written and presentation skills, effectively adjusted to the audience, including the ability to communicate effectively with the executive leadership team.
• Recognized success as a collaborator with strong interpersonal skills to build productive working relationships with a broad range of individuals and groups
• Experienced transformational leader with proven record in managing change with an understanding of the contexts, cultures and politics within organizations and communities that affect the implementation of DEI efforts.
• Able to inspire and lead people, directly and indirectly
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment
• Proven analytical skills with ability to draw conclusions, recommend solutions and provide oversight for on-going assessments, measurement, and continuous improvements
• Proven aptitude for creative thinking, practical problem-solving, and innovating solutions.
• High self-motivation to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and achieve results
• Strong project management skills
• Solid financial acumen, including experience managing budgets
• Strong ability to push initiatives through ambiguity and influencing stakeholders.
• Acts with high integrity and discretion handling confidential information
• Strong MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
• 5 years of DEI experience with strong knowledge of best practices and modern DEI concepts
• Knowledge of laws, regulations and guidelines related to DEI and non-discrimination.