Director, Dei Production and Creative Partnerships
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
About the Role:
This role will report to the Senior Vice President, TV Programming DEI of USG and Entertainment Content. This is a pivotal role in which the candidate will contribute in the building and implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) practices across the NBCUniversal portfolio, in a fast-paced, rapidly growing department. The candidate will develop, launch, and maintain current and new TV programs and initiatives designed to increase representation throughout every facet of our business, including but not limited to below-the-line, casting and international production.
This role will oversee external partnerships which include organizations, such as Ghetto Film School, Easterseals, the National Association of Latino Independent Producers, the Coalition of Asian Pacifics in Entertainment, Veterans in Media & Entertainment and the Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media. Production Talent & Partnerships also works closely with advocacy groups such as GLAAD, the National Hispanic Media Coalition, the Muslim Public Affairs Council and RespectAbility. The role will also oversee internal partnerships, spanning Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate DEI and Early Career Programs amongst others.
• Work with producers and executives on facilitating TV DEI pipeline initiatives.
• Provide content assessment across all parts of the business.
• Coordinate with production and unions to roll out below the line initiatives.
• Maintain and track talent
• Organize engagements that help to amplify programs
• Develop, launch and lead ongoing execution of TV programs and initiatives such as the Below-the-Line Traineeship Program, Casting Apprenticeship Program and International Production outreaches and partnerships.
• Lead as a relationship manager with these program participants and alumni, acting as an advisor to help develop and create career momentum. Develop, execute and track action plans for current program participants and alumni.
• Collaborate with organizations in developing strategic partnership that promote equity and inclusion.
• Participate and engage in internal DEI and work culture initiatives.
• Prepare and participate in presentations and panel discussions to amplify programs and initiatives.
• Contribute and help the team maintain databases and tracking systems for production talent.
• 5 years industry experience â€'' film, TV, streaming, agency, studio, production company, etc.
• 5 years of people management experience.
• Bachelorâ€™s Degree.
• Knowledge and familiarity with Universal Studios Group, Entertainment Group content.
• Film and/or TV production experience.
• Knowledge of the film and TV studio system and key players in the industry.
• Familiarity and relationships with talent, production and workforce.
• Familiarity working with non-profit (401c) organizations.
• Ability to cultivate strong relationships and successfully interact with NBCU senior leadership and staff at all levels.
• Ability to adapt, problem solve and anticipate potential needs in a very fast-paced environment while managing a heavy workload.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and advanced PowerPoint as well as Adobe Photoshop.
• Must be available to work extended hours and/or travel if needed
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCUâ€™s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• A self-starter with an entrepreneurial drive and desire to create from the ground up in a fast-paced and results-driven team.
• Possesses a collaborative team-player mentality and able to bring together cross-functional teams to drive business outcomes.
• Adept at multi-tasking, effectively prioritizing work assignments, and demonstrating a sense of urgency when needed.
• Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability and creativity to excel in a continuously evolving department.
• Highly detail-oriented, paying meticulous attention to multiple tasks.
• An understanding and passion for DEI best practices, creating solutions to drive results and change within the studio ecosystem.
• Strong analytical skills and comfort working with numerical data and performing data analysis and reporting.
• Proactive and resourceful problem-solver with ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Interest in industry developments/trends and company news as it relates both DEI, production and talent within film & TV.