Director, Affiliate Marketing
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/29/2023 6:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Affiliate Marketing jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Affiliate Marketing postings
Full Time Job
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world
The Director of NBC Affiliate Marketing is responsible for partnering with our 240 network owned and affiliated stations in all aspects of local station promotion for NBC programs produced on the East Coast for NBC News, Sports, Olympics and Late Night. Candidate will lead or be heavily involved in project development, planning, execution and station communication.
• Initiate and develop new promotional initiatives to optimize and expand network campaigns to increase and retain NBC viewership on a local level; collaborate, design and execute plans for those opportunities, overseeing them start to finish.
• Identify and pursue timely local market opportunities that tie NBC programming or consumer activations to station priorities; collaborate closely with internal Brand Strategy, PR and Social teams to leverage synergies between local stations and the network to maximize tune-in while creating network value to our station partners; provide recap analysis on station tie-ins.
• Work with Research to conduct and review market-level ratings data analysis to inform station marketing strategy by show and identify positive/negative trends in the market to identify growth opportunities and actionable insights; produce graphic representation of findings.
• Act as primary contact for internal East Coast Brand and PR teams to generate opportunities to garner press for network show talent; liaise with network shows to guide shoot strategy for Behind-the-Scenes station anchor visits; co-lead and support set-up and production of in-studio shoots; lead high-level in-market shoots.
• Oversee edits and approve station script requests for custom promos by network news, sports and late night talent.
• Create and help guide social media efforts for all East Coast programs: Innovate engagement strategies tailor-made for each project.
• Support execution of NBCU Diversity projects; develop content for station sales and marketing.
• Manage East Coast outer office of Associate Manager and Coordinator responsible for proactively helping stations secure all needed marketing assets (on-air promos, graphics, short/long form content packages, digital and social assets) and information in order to drive promotion of NBC's news, sports and late night programming; interface with VP Partner Marketing on daily operations of the team and pro-actively fulfilling station needs.
• Build and maintain strong, long-term fruitful relationships with station marketing contacts (i.e., Creative Services Heads, Promotion Managers, station management teams) via regular communication and timely follow up/trouble shooting station needs & requests.
• Prep and participate in Station Marketing Council, Station Sales and Brand Director calls, providing important network updates and helpful follow ups; create PowerPoint and Excel spreadsheet presentations as needed; act as station rep on internal NBC show team calls.
• Maintain high-level knowledge of affiliate ownership groups, market-specific ratings and station priorities that align with network viewership goals.
• Draft and send promotional e-blasts to stations.
• Help maintain NBCAffiliateMarketing.com for News, Sports, Olympics and Late Night.
• Oversee specific functions of NBC Affiliate Marketing's participation in events, meetings and conferences.
• Experience working at a broadcast or cable network, a streamer or local television station
• Understanding of linear broadcast model and evolving/emerging streaming services as they pertain to local television stations
• Bachelor's degree, Marketing or Communications preferred
• Proven knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
• Basic Office Suite, Photoshop and/or Illustrator
• Conversant with Social Media platforms
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• 7 years of industry experience preferred with established record of success as a senior marketing professional
• Ability to communicate in a clear manner; write coherent and concise marketing messages
• Capable of making sound decisions when handling sensitive and critical information
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and perform well in high pressure situations
• Experience as effective open-minded liaison with all levels of internal and external management
• A true team player who operates with transparency and enthusiasm
• A humble, get-it-done attitude with a flexible approach to any task
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $115,000-$150,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.