Digital Multi-Media Specialist
NBC UniversalDallas, TX
This was removed by the employer on 7/11/2022 12:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Digital Multi-Media Specialist jobs in Dallas-TX
Search all Digital Multi-Media Specialist postings
Full Time Job
DIGITAL MULTIMEDIA SPECIALIST
Are you a digital news junkie who has a passion for creating original video stories? We are currently looking for a self-motivated journalist who can enterprise visually compelling stories for our digital platforms.â€¯
You should have the right instincts to create a story for NBCDFW. com, Telemundo39. com, and our streaming platforms, as well as social media. The right candidate is a creative thinker, who works quickly and can juggle multiple projects at once.
The digital video storyteller will shoot, write and edit stories with the primary purpose of publishing hyper-local, shareable content across NBC DFW and Telemundo39's digital properties. Spanish-language skills (speaking, reading and writing) are required.
The right candidate should love local news, have excellent people skills and be comfortable working on a hard news explainer or a quirky viral talker story of the day. We're looking for someone ready to bring a fresh approach to traditional storytelling.
Applicant must have experience shooting video, in addition to video editing and desktop publishing skills. A desire to learn advanced editing skills, including Adobe AfterEffects, or prior experience is preferred.
Impress us with your work. Include samples of your video storytelling in your application that show creativity and willingness to think digital-first.
• Develop internal best practices and expertise around creating, publishing and distributing videos specific to various digital platforms.
• Research, develop and produce unique, original content.
• Leverage resources available from both stations to research, pitch, write and edit video segments designed and optimized for various platforms. â€¯â€¯
• Shoot and edit engaging videos and develop graphic elements and treatments for your videos. â€¯â€¯
• Write headlines and text for your videos to maximize engagement across various platforms.
• Must have at least 2 years of experience producing videos on tight deadlines.
• Experience shooting with DSLR cameras and editing. Adobe suite experience preferred.
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for digital attention. â€¯â€¯
• Familiarity with digital and social media platforms and how to engage those audiences. â€¯â€¯
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• External applicants must submit a resume through the link below to be considered (Note- job #).
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift, in and out of the newsroom, under tight deadlines, including breaking news.
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have a valid Driver's License and clear driving record.
• Must be willing to work in the Dallas-Fort Worth area just south of DFW airport
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Must be able to Lift and carry camera equipment ranging from 15 lbs. To 30 lbs. (in camera weight) for extended periods of time to shoot on remote locations.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if the Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Desired Qualifications â€¯â€¯
• Deep knowledge of current events.
• Outstanding communication skills. â€¯â€¯
• Experience with WordPress VIP a plus.