Digital Editorial Producer, Olympic Games
NBC UniversalStamford, CT
This was removed by the employer on 2/21/2024 4:35:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Digital Editorial Producer, Olympic Games jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all Digital Editorial Producer, Olympic Games postings
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 8 months between January 2024 â€'' August 2024 or 1 month during Games Time, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Digital Editorial Producer will be part of the digital team telling the stories of the 2024 Paris Olympics across NBCOlympics.com, the NBC Sports app and other digital platforms. The producer is responsible for the day-to-day creation and publishing of content, including but not limited to: competition recaps and preview articles, athlete profiles, â€œHow to Watchâ€ and other SEO-friendly guides, coverage of Olympic Trials, titling and metadata for Olympic live streams, headlines and descriptions for short-form video, and breaking news updates. Leading up to and during the Games, they will monitor live action and developing storylines in their assigned sports and become an expert in their sports' rules, athletes, history and more. This position will be part of the at-home NBC Olympics team based in our Stamford, CT headquarters.
include, but are not limited to:
• Creating, publishing and managing content on NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app
• Writing of news, event previews and recaps, tune-in articles, etc.
• Real-time monitoring of live events during shifts, noting newsworthy moments and providing guidance for video editors on highlights to cut
• Write headlines and carry out proper content tagging for both written and video content
• Write titles and other metadata for live streams on multiple digital platforms
• Bachelor's Degree in Digital Media, Journalism, Communications or a related field
• 1 years of relevant work experience or related internships
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite- Stamford, CT.
• Strong writing skills, including sound editorial judgement and the ability to generate compelling content in a fast-paced environment
• Extensive knowledge of sports and internet culture with a true passion for the Olympics
• Familiarity with content management systems, video publishing tools and basic HTML
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including occasional night and weekend hours in the pre-Olympic period, and weekends and overnight shifts during Olympic Games-time as needed
• Knowledge of at least one Olympic sport; experience writing at a professional level about Olympic sports a plus
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; can maintain a high level of attention to detail while multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
• Experience managing a high volume of projects and requests simultaneously
• Familiarity with AP style and SEO techniques
• Versatile, self-motivated and able to work well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.