NBC UniversalWashington, DC
Full Time Job
• Ensure coverage of breaking news, scheduled events, pooled events, highly produced interviews, field anchoring and other production needs
• Monitor and react to breaking news, stay focused in high pressure situations and multitask
• Collaborate with Senior Weekend Managers of all platforms on planning and execution of weekend coverage
• Communicate clearly with talent, producers, field crews, managers of all the platforms and counterparts in New York
• Gather and research story ideas, develop sources, gather accurate information from multiple agencies, assign producers and work with NY crew desk to assign crews
• Process and analyze a large volume of information, determine what is most important and newsworthy and then communicate the essential details
• Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism,
communications or related field or equivalent experience
• 5 years' experience (with a minimum of 2 years on an
assignment desk) at a network
or large market television station.
• Must be willing to work in Washington D.C.
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends, holidays
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines
• Self-starter with excellent communication and
• Must possess the ability to problem solve, prioritize
decisions and act decisively under tight deadlines
• Must be able to work effectively with others in a team
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Familiarity with the Washington Pool system
• Excellent story development, logistics and follow-up skills
• Working knowledge of the Washington, DC metro area is
• Proficiency with the INews computer system and ability
to learn NBC Newsconnect
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task under pressure, meet
deadlines, process information, and make decisions