NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Designer, Oxygen & Syfy
Seeking a key member of our creative team focused on key art and branding initiatives. The Designer will be responsible for conceptualizing and executing compelling creative for all of our Marketing efforts. The qualified candidate should have a sophisticated design sensibility along with the ability to deliver innovative creative from concept through completion. Portfolios will exhibit strong skills in key art, typography, layout design and logo development. Conceptual design solutions should include both photography and graphic based executions. This individual should excel at working both independently as well as in a collaborative team environment. They also must be able to handle a number of projects at once, and work well under tight deadlines. The Designer must be able to articulate the design solutions for internal presentations and sign-off. Our Design department works in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Our projects encompass keyart, brand packaging, press kits, out-of-home advertising for show launches, conventions, etc.
• Conceive and develop concepts individually as well as in a collaborative environment and generate and design intelligent, inspirational concepts that are both uniquely creative and capture the voice of the brand.
• Outline shoot specs including photographers, mood, style and direction.
• Provide direction for photo retouching and compositing.
• Conceive and design network print and online materials including marketing collateral, logos, presentations, event decor, social marketing assets, press kits and other pieces as necessary.
• Work closely motion graphic designers to ensure continuity of design and shared assets. After Affects and Premiere are a plus but not required.
• Producing mechanicals for post production
• Take direction from creative briefs and turn them into concepts and working assets and work closely with all levels of the creative team.
• Work with Production Managers to keep all projects on time and on budget
• Persuasively present creative concepts to Art Director and stakeholders.
• Generate styleguides for partners.
• Produce digital assets based on Keyart designs
• B.A. in Graphic Design
• Minimum of 2 years of conceptual design experience in television, films or entertainment
• Portfolio demonstrates high concept design.
• Strong creative concept, design, and typographical skills a must.
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Proven experience in print production techniques as candidate must be able to complete a job from design concept to pre-press preparation to file delivery.
• Familiarity with HTML5, web design, AfterEffects/Cinema 4D & PowerPoint presentation design a plus.
• Candidate must have the ability to juggle multiple assignments, work under tight deadlines and function as a team player.
• Proficiency in prepress process for printed production.