Counsel, Legal Affairs, Universal Studio Group
NBC UniversalNew York, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/17/2021 3:40:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Counsel, Legal Affairs, Universal Studio Group jobs in New York-CA
Search all Counsel, Legal Affairs, Universal Studio Group postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Counsel, Legal Affairs, Universal Studio Group?
Full Time Job
Universal Studio Group is looking for a Counsel who will have the opportunity to primarily support unscripted projects produced by Universal Television Alternative Studio. We are seeking a candidate who will embrace the â€œshow lawyerâ€ model â€'' a holistic, business-friendly approach that includes coordinating and collaborating with executives, production personnel, and other groups within the NBCUniversal Law Department to provide timely and practical legal advice during the development and production of our entertainment content, including vetting concepts and analyzing rights, intellectual property and other legal matters. The person in this role will also draft and review agreements and help to maintain and update the groupâ€™s forms.
• Draft, review, negotiate and interpret talent, rights and production contracts, including term deals and other above the line talent agreements, rights acquisitions, coproduction agreements, production services agreements, and indemnity agreements.
• Identify, analyze, and tee up practical, responsive solutions and advice on a production timetable on issues relating to projects in development and production, with a focus on alternative/reality entertainment productions, but also including work on our scripted programs and licensing.
• Provide legal support throughout pre-production, production, and post-production, including vetting content, activity outlines, scripts and series/challenge rules, and influencing the structure of production processes to address legal issues and risk.
• Partner with our studio business and colleagues in the Law Department to best coordinate, prioritize and streamline legal support; coordinate on key issues with buyer platforms and networks.
• Work with the Legal Affairs team and colleagues in the Law Department on major projects with long-term business implications.
• Other matters at the direction of senior legal colleagues.
• Member of California or New York bar or other U.S. state bar
• JD or LLM degree from an accredited law school
• A minimum of 5 years with entertainment, media law, intellectual property and/or other relevant experience
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Willingness to work nights and on weekends, if needed
• Must submit transcripts and analytic writing samples
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA or 30 Rock, New York City, NY
• Experience in unscripted television drafting and production risk management preferred
• Excellent drafting and negotiating skills and a strong strategist who can present, develop and guide negotiations through to closure
• Sound, practical business judgment and demonstrated ability, in a positive and practical manner, to approach complex legal scenarios in a thoughtful and analytic fashion
• Excellent organizational and communication skills; experience communicating with various audiences and levels of management
• Ability to recognize and respond quickly and pragmatically to time-sensitive situations
• Adaptability to manage multiple wide-ranging matters and priorities, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change
• Ability to develop strong relationships with multiple business units and their representatives
• Teamwork-oriented attitude
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and other related tools