Counsel, Employment Law
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/27/2022 1:41:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Counsel, Employment Law jobs in New York-NY
Search all Counsel, Employment Law postings
Full Time Job
The Counsel, Employment Law will principally support the NY-based VP and SVP Employment Law with their clients and company initiatives. This individual will eventually assume primary responsibilities for their own client group(s) while continuing to support the VP and SVP.
• Advise management, Human Resources, and other NBCUniversal lawyers with respect to all employment law issues, including onboarding matters, leaves of absence and accommodations, performance management and discipline, discrimination, harassment, and other claims, employment policy development and implementation, wage and hour issues, worker classifications (e.g. IC status), and other employee relations matters.
• Conduct and provide counsel on internal investigations of employment-related and other types of complaints, ensuring that claims are addressed promptly, thoroughly and appropriately.
• Represent NBCUniversal, working with outside counsel as appropriate, with respect to employment-related disputes, including negotiation, mediation and litigation.
• Conduct legal research and analysis of complex legal issues.
• Conduct due diligence of employment related aspects of acquisitions and dispositions of businesses.
• Draft documents, including correspondence with opposing counsel, EEO position statements, mediation statements and settlement/separation agreements.
• Monitor federal, state, and local legal developments and advise on compliance with same.
• Create and deliver management and employee training programs.
• Partner with Labor Relations on various matters involving represented employees.
• Assist with responses to subpoenas and similar requests.
• Law degree
• Member in good standing of the State Bar of New York or member in good standing of another State Bar and able to register as New York In-House Counsel
• Minimum of 4 years of employment law experience
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York.
• Must be willing to travel regionally and domestically on occasion.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Outstanding legal research and writing skills.
• Self-starter with a strong work ethic, high-level of professionalism, and team-oriented approach.
• Ability to independently handle employment law matters and understand which issues to elevate.
• Ability to identify, prioritize and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively.
• Ability to approach complex legal scenarios in a thoughtful, creative, and analytical fashion.
• Ability to explain complex legal concepts to business partners, provide practical advice, build consensus, and collaborate with clients to address business needs in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to build collaborative relationships across all levels of a large, complex organization.