Counsel, Creative Partnerships
NBC UniversalNew York, CA
Full Time Job
The candidate will work in the Marketing & Creative Partnerships Business & Legal Affairs Group, primarily focused on supporting the Ad Sales Creative Partnerships team. This will involve working on partnerships between advertisers and NBCU shows, in-show integrations, the creation of custom commercials involving NBCU IP/talent, and other innovative partnership campaigns. The candidate will also have the opportunity to support the Consumer Marketing teams, including working on marketing materials, promotions, and events for NBCU programming and other content.
Support Ad Sales clients in their partnerships with advertisers to:
• Review content of pitches, scripts, rough cuts, final cuts, social posts, and other materials for IP issues, guild considerations, regulatory compliance, and other similar matters;
• Draft and negotiate a variety of agreements with advertisers, talent, production companies, and others;
• Counsel clients regarding legal issues related to their business and provide legal guidance and support for the development of new ideas and innovations;
• Research unique and/or developing advertising and production legal issues; and
• Evaluate and recalibrate best practices as new laws, regulations, case law, and technology develops.
• Law degree and member of a state bar in good standing;
• At least 4 years related or transactional experience at law firm or comparable in-house position;
• Law firm experience or in-house legal department with advertising, marketing or entertainment practice preferred.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered;
• Role will be based in New York, New York;
• Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States.
• Strong writing and drafting skills;
• Strong negotiation, presentation and communication skills;
• Experience in interacting and communicating effectively with all levels of management;
• Ability to analyze risk and exercise sound judgment in order to provide practical, timely legal advice to members of business and legal team at all levels;
• Strong work ethic;
• Ability to work independently, multi-task successfully and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.