Coordinator, Live Events and Specials
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/16/2024 5:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Coordinator, Live Events and Specials jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Coordinator, Live Events and Specials postings
Full Time Job
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCU's Live Events and Specials team has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Coordinator to join their team. The Live Events and Specials team help to bring world class entertainment to your screens. From the iconic Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the Rockefeller Tree Lighting to specials like Carol Burnett's 90th Birthday Special and Christmas at Graceland. This growing team continues to develop top tier content while bringing you the annual TV traditions you love. The Coordinator, Live Events and Specials will dual report into the SVP, Specials and the SVP, Talent Live Events & Specials and serve as office liaison communicating with internal divisions as well as the external business and creative community.
• Coordinate external pitches and manage pitch tracker
• Support internal initiatives with assistance in gathering data, creating decks, presentations etc.
• Provide off-site support to executives both remotely and on location (some travel required)
• Expand and oversee Live Events research calendars for upcoming film, television, and music releases.
• Keep current and record relevant industry and talent news
• Actively participate in creative brainstorming for upcoming Live Event and Specials pitches
• Assist with coordinated Talent movements and wrangling for live red-carpet events
• General administrative duties including phone management, scheduling, and coordinating meetings, copying, filing, expense reporting and planning travel arrangements
• 2-3 years of experience assisting on a high profile desk; Entertainment industry preferred.
• Candidate must be highly proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
• Exceptional communications skills (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to successfully multi-task and meet deadlines
• Excellent at problem-solving, taking initiative, and being resourceful
• Experience in production or production related background
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be willing to travel for work related business if necessary
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Approachable, friendly demeanor in dealing with executives, employees, vendors, and customers and skilled at developing relationships and working with a variety of personalities
• Actively participate in NBCU programs to further develop career skills
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Outstanding professionalism, prioritization, judgment, and accuracy
• Proven integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-driven media environment
• Interested candidates must submit a resume for this job online to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $47,840 - $62,400
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].