Coordinator, Human Resources
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Human Resources, Universal Studio Group East
The HR Coordinator contributes to a fun and fast-paced client group supported by the Universal Studio Group's (USG) HR team on the East Coast. This position is responsible for interfacing & problem solving with a number of business partners. as well as providing HR administrative and transactional support. This position is based in New York City (30 Rockefeller Plaza) and is expected to work between the hours of 9am to 6pm, Monday â€'' Friday, with the opportunity for overtime. Currently expected to be in the office Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays; however, this may turn to full-time presence in the office depending on business needs. Occasional late night and weekend work will be required.
• Provide day-to-day support to the Human Resources team with a proactive and customer service-oriented approach. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a willingness to go above and beyond in supporting the HR team.
• Process SAP transactions for employee lifecycle data changes including new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, leave of absences, and more.
• Partner with the Covid-19 HR team and various corporate entities to ensure the return to work process follows current guidelines. This position will also manage the vaccine accommodation email inbox and assist the HR team in the administration of approvals/denials for USG productions.
• Serve as primary user for all HR systems and run reports, as assigned.
• First point of contact for HR questions including, but not limited to, benefits, payroll, vacation or redirect employees to our HR center of excellence. Follow through to ensure employees receive prompt answers to their questions. Demonstrate a sense of urgency.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition to post open jobs via nbcunicareers.com. Maintain database of job descriptions for client group.
• Draft and prepare correspondence such as offer letters, separation agreements & termination packets, with direction from senior HR members.
• Complete I-9 verifications for all new employees and all administrative aspects of onboarding. Partner with department coordinators to ensure timely physical setup is complete for all new employees including phones, workspaces and computers.
• Schedule exit interviews and assist with administration of separating employees.
• Provide administrative support to USG HR team, including ensuring in-person meetings run smoothly by having AV operating in advance of scheduled meeting times.
• Plan logistics for employee meetings, trainings, and roundtables, including room reservations and technology set-up.
• Maintain and update all employee email distribution lists, as well as staff contact lists.
• Attend & participate in corporate training courses and informational sessions pertinent to Human Resources, as required, and disseminate notes back to team.
• Ad hoc projects, as assigned.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) with mid to advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel (ability to process data, create pivot tables, charts and formulas).
• It is expected to report to work on a hybrid basis â€'' this may eventually turn to full-time in the office.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, New York.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Demonstrated interest or degree in Human Resources.
• Flexible. Open to change. Ability to operate in the grey.
• Highly organized, and able to balance and easily shift priorities.
• Possess strong project and process management skills, with a demonstrated track record of accomplishing tasks and delivering results.
• High attention to detail and sense of urgency.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and strong customer-service orientation.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, and with a wide range of clients - both individually and in groups.
• Sense of humor, passion for the entertainment industry and positive approach to work.
• Occasional travel may be required.