Contracts Specialist, Labor Relations
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
• Assist team of attorneys in connection with wide range of labor relations matters, including support for negotiation, drafting and implementation of various collective bargaining agreements (CBAs).
• Assist with handling of grievances and preparing for labor arbitration cases as well as other legal and administrative matters.
• Assist with assignment and tracking of projects and other legal and administrative matters.
• Analyze the provisions of the various CBAs and ascertain the intent and spirit of the negotiated provisions.
• Understand the practical application and bargaining history related to the various provisions of the CBAs.
• Compile and maintain the company's practical interpretation of the provisions of the CBAs and the company's current and historical application of those provisions.
• Assist in providing contractual guidance and resource material to the department's clients.
• Assist in the development and circulation of department advice memos and CBA negotiated change summaries.
• Maintain and assist in creating department's library of training and resource material.
• Serve as the department's point of contact for the department's internal and external clients.
• Assist the Labor Relations executive team with client contact and follow-up.
• Interact with attorneys, managers, and union representatives, as requested by department attorneys.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Additional 3-5 years of related professional experience preferably in the Entertainment Industry
• Studio production on-set or production office experience a plus (e.g., Production Accountant, APOC, etc.)
• Experience drafting, negotiating, analyzing, and working with contracts
• Experience providing support to attorneys or others in the legal function (preferred but not required)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online through the link below to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must be willing to travel on occasion
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Strong administrative and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail
• Ability to handle extremely sensitive and confidential information with discretion
• Ability to utilize analytical thinking in the performance of daily tasks
• Strong time management skills, with ability to prioritize tasks based on urgency
• Works collaboratively with others
• Ability to maintain professional demeanor and remain client focused in stressful situations
• Proficiency with web-based databases and Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to effectively and efficiently juggling numerous assignments and requests from different parts of the business
• Good judgment and ability to work independently with legal and business personnel
• Ability to tackle day to day tasks in a manner that promotes a positive and supportive working environment