NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/25/2021 2:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Contract Administrator jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Contract Administrator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Contract Administrator?
Full Time Job
Under the direction of the Senior Attorney, Legal & Business Affairs, the Contract Administrator will support the Senior Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs-Licensing and other Universal Parks & Resorts (UPR) Legal & Business Affairs team members on various UPR projects. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience with film and television productions, and in connection with ancillary exploitations involving theme parks, location-based entertainment (LBE) and live entertainment projects, digital marketing/social media and merchandising. The successful applicant will also provide legal and business affairs support for UPR's IP license agreements, including assisting with any necessary amendments or ancillary documents.
• Assisting with UPR's management of its third party business relationships, including the interpretation of and compliance with its third party IP license agreements, preparation of contract summaries and best practices guidelines, and drafting of amendments and ancillary documents, including , as applicable, vendor, production and other template agreements
• Handling of day-to-day license compliance and legal approval requests from the UPR Global Business Development team, in connection with live touring shows, exhibitions, other live events and LBE experiences based on NBCUniversal intellectual properties
• Researching and summarizing global distribution rights necessary to exploit ancillary rights in those intellectual properties, as well as talent agreements for third party participation payment, approval and other contractual obligations
• Reviewing production, publicity, digital marketing/social media and custom content materials for intellectual property, personal rights, statutory law and talent/contractual issues
• Tracking and managing insurance certificates and withholding and other tax receipts from third party licensees, as required under each license agreement
• Preparing NDAs, summaries and reports for the UPR Global Business Development team
• Attending weekly/monthly business team meetings and specified team staff meetings necessary to facilitate ongoing communication between UPR Legal & Business Affairs and UPR business partners. Issuing contract status reports, and maintain contract files, document control and obligation trackers.
• Assisting with legal research as required.
• Performing various other duties as assigned.
Minimum 3-5 Years contract administration experience including drafting in a high volume environment
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required.
Must be familiar with the media/entertainment industry, production and digital media, basic contract documents and legal terms and procedures.
Must have excellent written and verbal skills and attention to detail.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Legal degree is not required, though paralegal certificate or other relevant legal education preferred
Experience with domestic and international licensing, compliance requirements and/or contractual licensing obligations.
Excellent legal knowledge and experience analyzing copyright, trademark and personal rights issues, as well as strong analytical abilities and sound business judgment
Proven ability to communicate professionally with all business levels over the phone, through written communication and in-person.
Proven ability to work independently, identify and communicate creative solutions to challenges, maintain a strong focus on business priorities and be persistent in follow-through.
Proven ability to orchestrate and execute multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment using resources effectively and efficiently.
Proven ability to quickly and comfortably follow complex workflow processes and navigate various electronic systems.