NBC UniversalPhiladelphia, PA
Full Time Job
• Responsible for overall production, content and every element of each newscast.
• Responsible for being a key communicator in the newsroom- talking with each person who will participate or provide content for that newscast (i.e. Assignment Editor, anchors, Digital, VJ's and production crews).
• Understand newscast mission, station priorities and be familiar with all the platforms.
• Must select stories, understand all the elements and design a newscast that achieves the daily goal.
• Knowledgeable on daily news events, awareness of past news events and know what is news in the Philadelphia market.
• Execute Live Shots and Satellite Remotes during live newscasts.
• Select, assign, write, and organize news stories. Write headlines, teases and reporter lead-ins.
• Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
• Coordinate and plan future community and social story development.
• Work with Reporters and Video Journalists to improve story and presentation.
• Editing skills to edit video clips.
• Multiplatform approach to content.
• Write news scripts, Digital articles, OTT content, promotional teasers, headlines and topicals
• Work closely with producers and News Director on story/sweeps planning and coordination.
• Assign content producers, reporters and anchors as needed.
• Contribute story ideas, participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings.
• Work directly with other content producers articulating angle of story, length and video.
• Leadership: take responsibility for own actions and take risks for the team and be a team player.
• Complete discrepancy reports with detail and accuracy to help prevent future problems.
• Understand and follow all Telemundo62 News standards and ethics.
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English.
• Must have 2 years minimum of producer experience.
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must.
• Must have leadership qualities, be detail oriented, organized and able to handle intense deadline pressure.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia.
• Take an active role in selecting the stories of the day â€'' develop ideas that reporters can turn in one day, create producer-driven content to enhance our coverage of the big story and other stories that appear in the newscast.
• Anticipate problems and address them throughout the course of the shift, eliminate all factual/spelling/other errors that appear in the show. If a problem arises, address it immediately.
• Follow up problems with those involved and a newsroom manager.
• Bring creativity into every aspect of the newscast, use the Telemundo62 arsenal of tools and equipment to provide the most current information that is geographically diverse and maximizes viewer benefits.
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• High competitive nature.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines