NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/19/2023 10:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Commerce Writer jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Commerce Writer postings
Full Time Job
NBCUniversal Entertainment brands are looking for a Commerce Writer to help create engaging social content for NBC Universal Entertainment brands, including E!, The Kelly Clarkson Show, Access Hollywood, Bravo and others. This person will be responsible for pitching, writing and editing shoppable articles, making informed decisions to optimize content based on SEO, audience engagement and brand priorities.
This role will work closely with brand leads and NBCU Commerce Partnerships, combining creative and technical skills within the e-commerce landscape to grow shopping engagement across the NBCU portfolio. The ideal candidate should be able to use data and analytics to drive editorial decisions with a firm understanding of SEO, social media and affiliate marketing.
• Write and edit 3-4 assigned and self-pitched commerce articles daily, consisting of rounds-ups, gift guides, first-person product reviews and social trends
• All articles must be factually correct, have correct name and brand spelling and be grammatically correct
• Write strong copy in a variety of brand voices given that this role supports multiple editorial brands
• Work directly with Senior Editor-Commerce ensure that content is generating e-commerce revenue, driving traffic to websites and supporting SEO initiatives
• Brainstorm and assist in building out monthly e-commerce content calendar
• Monitor competitors, industry trends and how stories are performing to aid and optimize content strategy
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a shopping, pop culture or marketing writer
• Digitally savvy with experience creating content in a CMS for various digital & social media platforms and writing for SEO
• Excellent copy writing skills with brand-appropriate copy that drives action
• An idea-generator with opinions on how to meet and grow traffic and sales
• Has an eye for trends, both in terms of lifestyle/fashion and pop culture
• Familiar with top entertainment and lifestyle sites and blogs, and with current celebrity news
• Photo & video editing with Canva, Photoshop, Premier Pro or similar a plus
• May be asked to work evenings and weekends
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $65,000 - $85,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.