Campus Program Recruiter - Operations & Technology
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Operations & Technology Talent Acquisition team at NBCUniversal is looking for a progressive, creative, high-energy Campus Recruiter. The Recruiter will be responsible for helping to build a pipeline of entry-level talent for our Operations & Technology business line. This will include maintaining relationships with select colleges/universities, diversity partners, internal partners, traveling to schools to conduct on-site presentations and attending career fairs while working with the Campus Programs & Initiatives team in other aspects of the program, such as training facilitation and offering support and guidance to the interns.
We support the Operations & Technology business unit across NBCU with a population of approximately 4,000 employees. What's super cool about our client group is that they power major NBCU events like the Olympics, National Elections, popular TV shows, revered News programs, and much more. In this role, you'll recruit for our talent pipeline programs to meet both current and future business needs, from early career pipelines like our Media Tech Internship to our Media Tech Associate Rotational Program.
• Build relationships with Intern and Associate hiring managers, supervisors and HR Managers
• Recruit, interview and recommend Intern and Associate candidates for openings
• Develop and execute recruitment strategy, including business unit specific target school identification and relationship management
• Onboard interns in NBCUniversal's employee database (currently SAP)
• Provide career coaching and counseling to Interns and Managers regarding performance issues
• Effectively manage executive and internal referrals for Internship and Associate opportunities
• Conduct college information sessions and attend career fairs throughout the region
• Keep up-to-date with new recruiting methods; assist in developing consistent corporate recruiting strategy
• Enforce and provide interpretation of HR policies, practices, and procedures to Interns and Managers
• Facilitate Internship program events and workshops, such as orientation, career workshops, panels, etc.
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 4 years of related work experience, which could include recruiting on campus or at career fairs as well as conducting interviews, assessing candidates for internships or full time jobs
• Excellent communicator – You're savvy at letting stakeholders know what they need to do and when they need to do it. You write clear, concise, easy-to-read communications and can comfortably present to leaders at all levels
• Creatively curious – You like to seek out and try new approaches that keep us ahead of the curve
• Organized & detail-oriented – You can manage competing deadlines and multiple rotation timelines with ease. You also double and triple check every nuance when it comes to event planning
• Resourceful – If you don't have the answer, you figure it out. You're comfortable navigating a complex environment to obtain info and seek buy-in
• A natural coach – You're always ready to provide career guidance or solve employee relations issues when it comes to your cohorts
• Finally, you're team-oriented and want to understand drive the larger Talent Acquisition talent strategy consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.