Associate Writer / Editor
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/5/2023 5:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Writer / Editor jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Associate Writer / Editor postings
Full Time Job
E! News online is looking for an enthusiastic Writer/Editor to join its growing editorial staff creating best-in-class entertainment news, pop culture and trending articles, galleries and exclusive news.
This role will be responsible for creating a series of daily editorial content (articles and galleries) that could span any type of entertainment news from breaking news to true crime to pop culture to celebrity news to movies, music, TV, and lifestyle. From quickly writing a breaking news story to a longer legal piece, each piece of content should be written in the tone and to the editorial standards of the E! News brand.
The ideal candidate should operate with a sense of urgency and should be comfortable working in a breaking news environment. The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of digital metrics and with assistance from management, be able to take analytics and identify trends around their content that will help drive content performance. A good understanding of social and digital content and SEO is preferred!
• Write and edit 5-7 pieces of editorial content per day that are factual, timely, and drives traffic to E! News
• Strong storytelling and the ability to write any style of entertainment news content (entertainment and celebrity news, breaking news, obits, weddings, legal stories, beauty and fashion and more)
• Submit content that is well-written and requires little to no copy-editing
• Write SEO-driven, engaging headlines and metadata that entice audience to consume content
• Create photo galleries, selecting photos and writing captions that best tell the story visually
• Ease working with Adobe photoshop or similar tools to crop photos, create thumbnails for content and create galleries
• Conduct interviews in the field and in the office that meet E!s goals to make news or break news. Ease in talking with celebrity talent and covering red carpets or events.
• Contribute to editorial brainstorms, identifying trends and coming up with ideas that move the E! News brand forward and hit traffic goals
• Off-hours, weekend and award show coverage needed depending on news cycle
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
• Minimum 1 years of experience in a deadline writing environment, ideally entertainment news
• Strong knowledge of pop culture, celebrity news and the E! brand
• Clear and concise communicator; ability to work across platforms â€'' digital, linear and social media
• Hard-working, dedicated and detail-oriented
• Thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment within a competitive 24/7 breaking news cycle.
• Write, report and edit clear, concise journalistic copy
• Knowledgeable in social media and SEO and how they influence news production
• Has an eye for best and most traffic-driving stories with an ability to spot the next viral or hot-button story
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $65,000 - $85,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.