NBC UniversalNew York, DC
Full Time Job
This associate producer position is a part of the Newsgathering Team.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for logistical planning for day of, next day and future events
• Generate daily grids of correspondentsâ€™ assignments and coverage planning
• Book crews, assign producers and correspondents for live remotes work with the NBC Net Desk to determine overall coverage plans.
• Support Deputy Director and weekend leadership team in managing daily assignments and supporting correspondents
• Spot and flag headlines from competing news organizations; monitor live feeds, off-air, and flag relevant editorial/video to control room and Weekend Seniors
• Transcribe video and interviews
• Set up correspondent liveshots with relevant editorial and elements; write offer notes. Virtual/field produce as needed.
• Must have a bachelorâ€™s degree from an accredited college
• Must have at least 2 years of experience in live television, preferably cable news
• Experience writing scripts at the network or cable level
• Prior booking experience is preferred
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be available to work weekends and work flexible hours
• Ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to work under pressure, and during breaking news.
• Prior desk/newsgathering experience preferred.
• Prior booking experience a plus.
• Sound journalistic judgment.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure and meet multiple daily deadlines.