Associate Producer, Special Events
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/16/2021 3:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Associate Producer, Special Events jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Producer, Special Events postings
Full Time Job
The Associate Producer for Special Events will help produce live breaking news special reports. The role offers an opportunity to be a part of the biggest moments in breaking news. It also offers unique involvement in both live producing and tape producing.
As an AP with the Specials team, you will work directly with producers, senior producers and Executive Producers to assist in the production of live breaking news and long-term news projects.
will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist in almost every aspect of live breaking news coverage, from preparing elements and research ahead of anticipated news, to creating and executing graphics and other elements in the control room during live broadcasts.
- Build out iNews rundowns for Specials programming
- Write and create lower thirds during breaking news and special coverage
- Research, pull, and edit tape elements for broadcast, sometimes working with an editor, sometimes editing yourself.
- Build graphic elements to support breaking news or pre-planned events.
- Help monitor social media and web for any breaking news or long-term news stories
- Work ahead on tape packages for big news events, from elections to state funerals to key anniversaries. This could include shooting, writing, and editing the piece.
The position offers a foot in both live producing under the tightest of deadlines, as well as more long-lead tape pieces.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Communications, Journalism, English, History or a related field of study
- 3 years of news production experience at the network, local, or cable-news level
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with iNews
- Proficient in desktop editing
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- The ability to work overtime, as needed
- Willing to work in New York, NY
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communicator â€'' both written and verbal
- Experience with NewsConnect, Avid Media Central or Avid Interplay, VizRT graphics
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to recognize and implement reprioritization of tasks
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
- Demonstrated interest in graphics creation
- Long-term career aspirations to be in the production/editorial space