Associate Editor, News & Lifestyle
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Editor, News & Lifestyle, Bravo Digital
Bravo Digital is looking for a passionate Associate Editor with solid experience in the entertainment and lifestyle space.
BravoTV.com is the number one destination for news from the Bravo universe, including programming and cast member updates, and fashion, beauty, food, and home & design-related features. In this role, you'll be creating engaging digital content around Bravo shows, talent, and Bravo-adjacent celebrities.
Reporting to the Senior Editor, you'll be a strong, quick writer with great news judgment. You'll have a sharp eye for identifying compelling news stories in the Bravo and celebrity spaces, and a natural instinct for writing clean and clickable headlines. You'll be expected to marry your natural editorial instincts with a healthy dose of data to help guide your decision making. Chartbeat, Parse.ly, DOMO, or Omniture addicts are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate is keyed in to the Bravo universe with a deep understanding of Bravo's fun and cheeky tone. Experience in and a passion for entertainment is preferred.
-Identifying news stories
-Executing daily news stories with little oversight
-Crafting catchy social copy to promote all written content
-Coordinating relevant media with Photo and Video teams, including selecting the best images to tell the story
-Using analytics to help inform future content ideas and angles
-Writing features and conducting interviews as needed
-Covering events; working after hours and weekends as needed
-Staying up to date on all the happenings of the Bravo universe, in real-time and related to the linear episodes
- A strong background writing entertainment/celebrity lifestyle content in a fast-paced digital news setting
- At least 3 years' experience with established digital outlets, including publishing within a CMS
- Demonstrated experience creating timely content under deadline pressure
- A proven track record of strong news judgment with the ability to craft concise, clickable headlines
- Experience reporting, interviewing, and working directly with talent and publicists
- Experience using data analysis systems (Parse.ly, Chartbeat, DOMO, Omniture), Drupal Content Management System, and Facebook Business Manager is helpful but not essential
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter), video production, and YouTube is a plus
- A detailed knowledge of and passion for the Bravo universe is a huge plus