NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
• Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, drafting and negotiating above-the-line and below-the-line talent, acquisition and development agreements and all other below-the-line legal documents over the course of production, including but not limited to physical production-related agreements, such as location, lease and vendor agreements.
• Ability to interpret contracts in an accurate and efficient manner and provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues.
• Conduct independent chain-of-title research.
• Responsible for handling unsolicited submissions of material for the motion picture group.
• Formulate and revise department drafting templates.
• JD degree from an accredited law school.
• 1-3 years of legal experience at a motion picture or television company or entertainment law firm.
• Member of the California OR New York Bar or Registered with the California or New York Bar as in-house counsel.
• Excellent negotiation, drafting and analytical skills.
• Interested candidates must submit an online resume/CV to be considered.
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, together with outstanding word-processing abilities, as the position does not have an assistant.
• Knowledge of physical production is also a distinct plus.
• Must be a self-starter with a very strong work ethic.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team is essential in this fast-paced environment.