Associate Counsel, Legal Affairs
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/20/2021 4:10:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Counsel, Legal Affairs jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Associate Counsel, Legal Affairs postings
Full Time Job
The Associate Counsel, Legal Affairs will handle a diverse range of legal matters for the Entertainment Networks Group, related to the production, co-production, licensing, and exploitation of unscripted and alternative entertainment programming.
• Draft, review, negotiate, analyze, and interpret a variety of agreements including production services, talent, license, digital rights and technology, and other similar agreements.
• Create, update, analyze, and manage forms and legal documents.
• Conduct legal research and analysis on new and complex areas of the law and prepare written summaries and relevant updates for other attorneys.
• Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues and propose practical, responsive solutions.
• Liaise with internal business and creative clients and legal department contacts as well as outside counter-parties (e.g., talent attorneys and agents, production company counsel).
• Collaborate with members of the Entertainment Networks Legal Affairs team on projects with significant business impact.
• Perform other tasks as requested by Senior Counsel, Legal Affairs and other attorneys.
•JD and member of a state bar in good standing.
•Entertainment, media/technology, intellectual property, or other relevant subject matter expertise
•1-3 years of experience
•Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
•Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA.
•Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
•Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends as needed.
•Superior legal skills, including excellent drafting, negotiating, analytical, and strategic thinking abilities.
•Flexible, creative thinker with the ability to quickly develop new areas of expertise.
•Sound business judgment and calmness under pressure while managing a high volume of wide-ranging matters.
•Ability to work independently and interact with legal and business personnel of all levels.
•Strong organizational and time management skills.
•Experience researching, analyzing, and summarizing the law.
•Demonstrated capacity to proactively identify, prioritize, and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively.
•Outstanding analytic, communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills.
•Careful attention to detail.
•Collaborative, team-oriented attitude.