NBC SportsStamford, CT
This was removed by the employer on 1/10/2024 1:35:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Supervisor, Shepherding jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all Supervisor, Shepherding postings
This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of approximately 9 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
As the Freelance Shepherding Supervisor , you will report to the VP, Remote Operations & EHS in support of the Olympic & Paralympic Games. This position is an integral part of the Stamford Olympic & Paralympic Operations team.
You are responsible for ensuring all travelers to the Olympic Host City and Stamford have submitted and received all required information/documents to be able to be accredited to work. You will also work together with the Accommodations & Logistics team in managing hotel rooming lists across eight hotel properties in Stamford area and potential transportation plan.
• Work with Operations in management and communication to Olympic & Paralympic travelers prior to their departure to Paris or Stamford
• Manage and train Shepherding Coordinator and other departmental shepherds who are assigned
• Assist with Accommodations portfolio in our database and serve as lead support to Accommodations Manager in providing accurate hotel rooming lists and communicating changes in timely fashion to our hotel partners for the Stamford Olympic & Paralympic effort (upwards of 1200 employees will utilize hotel rooms for the lead up and duration of the games.
• Become familiar with all Games Event Management functionality within internal NBC Sports Group database/CRM software (SCORE)
• Work directly with Production, Engineering, Digital and other entities company-wide to determine Accommodations needs and fulfill requests
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelors' Degree or equivalent years of experience
• Minimum two (2 ) years' of relevant experience, preferably with a focus on project management, accommodations and/or logistics
• Previous experience in planning or managing aspects of an Olympic program or comparable large-scale live event
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced level of computer proficiency: all Microsoft applications, desktop publishing, CRM experience, Smartsheet
• Excellent organization skills with a high level of attention to detail
• Proven ability to access priorities, multitask, adapt and pivot (when necessary) in a quick paced environment
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be able to travel/ commute to Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Willingness to be flexible, work weekends and potentially overnights as broadcast schedules require (specifically during the lead up and execution of the Olympic and Paralympic games). Candidate should assume working every day from lead-up through completion of the Olympics
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week - Stamford, CT. (During the lead up and throughout Games Time, there is the expectation of daily work on-site.)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].