NBC SportsStamford, CT
Freelance Editor (Olympic Games)- NBC Sports
The Editor, will assist in the creation of original content for the sales, marketing and broadcast teams of the Paris Olympic Games. The editor will collaborate with a team of producers on a range of content including profiles, historic â€œlook backs,â€ sales enhancements, sizzles and more. We are looking for a team member that can contribute creatively on editorial and music as well as shots.
This is a part-time project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 12-18 months unless otherwise amended.
• Provide the stitching that pulls together and capitalizes on the good ideas of the collective group.
• Deliver finished products with a high level of aesthetic and technical quality
• Archive projects in a consistent manner
• Work collaboratively with audio engineers for seamless mixing
• Responsive to changes in direction fueled by multiple stakeholders
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in non-linear editing on an Avid platform
• Experience working in a shared storage Avid/Interplay environment
• Experience working in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Understanding of video and audio measurement scopes
• Working knowledge of network broadcast technical specifications
• Be a poised, positive team player who can juggle multiple projects
• Comfortable working alone when appropriate
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered (note job #: )
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite: Stamford, CT OR This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.