Editor- Live Events
NBC SportsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
The Live Events Editor is responsible for providing editing support leading up to and during live events on NBC Sports Chicago. Will be required to edit content for use in various / multiple sports programs, both long form and short form content such as game teases, player features, highlight packages, special presentations for games etc. The candidate should also be proficient in editing for multi-platform content. These elements generally are time sensitive and require an eye for detail and a quick hand. At times you will be expected to work on your own with little supervision. This position requires solid sports knowledge of Chicago teams, and storytelling ability to convey a story via pictures, sounds and script.
• Works closely with game producers in editing creative teases, player /team features, highlight packages, and any visual elements requested by producer to support the game production.
• Maintain a well categorized and labeled video library of game highlights and storylines to be readily available for editing purposes.
• Help coordinate and maintain production truck drives
• Oversee management of the game dropbox folders for each sport
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• One (1) year experience with non-linear editing system(s) - Proficiency & Knowledge of Adobe Creative suite with proficiency in Adobe Premier.
• Solid knowledge of Chicago and national sports and sports production.
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
• Can creatively ideate as well as execute
• Ability to work under tight time restrictions
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, high pressure environment with a positive attitude
• Self-starter with demonstrated initiative
• Teamwork - can work independently and well in a large production group. Strong communication skills
• Strong computer skills with excel, and Office 365 ideal.
• Familiarity with all popular digital codecs and file format systems
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays if event schedule dictates.
• Bachelor of Arts in communications, video production/media, or related fields (or equivalent experience)
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.