Digital Affiliate Editor
NBC SportsStamford, CT
This was removed by the employer on 12/13/2023 5:35:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Digital Affiliate Editor jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all Digital Affiliate Editor postings
Freelance Digital Affiliate Editor (Olympic Games) - NBC Sports
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 5 months between May 2024 â€'' September 2024, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Digital Affiliate Editor will work with the digital, editorial and social media staffs of over 230 local NBC affiliate stations in their coverage and promotion of the 2024 Paris Olympic Games. Serving as a knowledgeable resource and point of contact for all aspects of the NBC Olympics digital effort, the Digital Affiliate Editor will help NBC stations across the country tell Team USA's stories. This position will be part of the at-home digital team for NBC Olympics in our Stamford, CT headquarters.
include, but are not limited to:
• Support the digital and editorial staffs of the local NBC affiliate stations in the lead-up to and during the 2024 Olympics, by answering questions and providing resources on Team USA athletes, competition schedules, NBC Olympics digital coverage plans, etc.
• Distribute information about the Olympic Trials and Olympic Games schedule, as well as details of live stream coverage and video on demand (highlights, replays, interviews, etc.) on Peacock, NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app
• Manage database of Team USA hopefuls and qualified athletes to be used by affiliates to identify athletes with a connection to their local market
• Coordinate delivery of NBC Olympics digital content to the affiliates, including selected highlights of Olympic competition, segments from the Olympic Zone show, and RSS feeds of articles, videos and photos
• During the Olympics, send email alerts to affiliate stations containing links to the day's top live streams, highlights and other digital content, in addition to updates on developing storylines, featured athletes, and medal-winning performances
• Train affiliates on the workflow for uploading locally-produced videos to NBCOlympics.com
• QA and review all locally-produced video and publish to NBCOlympics.com
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum one (1) year experience in digital media, preferably in sports
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite- Stamford, CT.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite environment
• Familiarity with web and video publishing tools, and basic HTML
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, and an unfailingly professional demeanor while representing NBC Olympics
• Ability to write clearly and efficiently. Sports journalism experience a plus
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including occasional night and weekend hours in the pre-Olympic period, and weekends and overnight shifts during Olympic Games-time as needed
• Strong knowledge of and enthusiasm for multiple Olympic sports and the NBC Olympics brand
• Versatile, self-motivated and able to work well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Technically proficient; ability to quickly master multiple content management systems
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; can maintain a high level of attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment
• Experience managing a high volume of projects and requests simultaneously
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.