Creative Technology Producer
NBC SportsSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Creative Technology Producer - Bay Area
NBCUniversal Local is NBCUniversal's local media division that delivers English and Spanish-speakers and bilingual audiences in 31 U.S. markets and Puerto Rico, the very best in local sports, news, weather, consumer and investigative reporting, and lifestyle entertainment across any platform and screen. NBCUniversal Local is comprised of three individual media groups including the NBC Owned Television Stations, the NBC Sports Regional Networks and the Telemundo Station Group. The division is also home to multicast networks NBCLX, COZI TV and TeleXitos, the regional cable news network NECN, as well as NBC Spot On, an advanced video advertising business designed for local/regional CTV and OTT advertisers and several in-house companies including production company LXTV, marketing and promotions company Skycastle, its out-of-home business NBC Everywhere, and the Arthouse, a graphics design group. With seven regional sports networks and 42 NBC and Telemundo stations serving 38 percent of U.S. homes, NBCUniversal Local is the only network-owned local media division that is home to the largest bilingual local newsrooms within the country's top 10 TV markets. NBCUniversal Local's stations and networks serve diverse audiences and communities across linear, streaming, OTT, digital web, mobile and audio, and cable platforms and work together to keep local audiences informed anytime and anywhere. For more information, visit NBCUniversal.com.
NBC Sports Bay Area and NBC Sports California are evolving traditional live event productions through creative thinking and applying new technologies that will engage audiences on multiple platforms. In this position, you will be responsible for helping produce and deploy that tech and other next-level production enhancements throughout our broadcasts. You also will assist the Live Events department's day-to-day editing and production needs. This role will report to the Coordinating Producer of Live Events Technology
• Coordinate, implement and execute new technology initiatives introduced by the CP of Live Event Technology. Examples include on-screen overlays, Augmented Reality, player tracking, advanced data and statistics, and traditional and enhanced cameras
• Collaborate with game producers, third-party vendors and team partners to properly execute new, enhanced storytelling technology
• Coordinate with Marketing and Creative Services to oversee successful distribution of all elements for each package at the beginning of each season
• Help train game broadcast ADs to assume responsibilities related to new tech execution
• Assist game producers on game-day responsibilities and content production as needed and assigned
• Produce and edit content from full live productions into short-form programming, including reduced game re-airs and team ceremonies into 30- or 60-minute shows, in coordination with Programming
• Pre-produce video content for the game broadcast using the Adobe Creative Suite, as well as produce and edit live video content for the same purpose
• Minimum of five (5 ) years' experience with editing in a studio or live production environment
• Minimum of two (2 ) years' spent in or around live event sports production trucks
• Associate degree or comparable educational training; or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Suite, primarily Premiere Pro and After Effects, and basic knowledge of Photoshop, Slack and Teams
• Solid communicator (both written and verbally) who can simplify complex subjects for different audiences, including senior management
• Passion for enhancing storytelling that surprises and delights sports media consumers
• Spanish language proficiency a plus
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in San Francisco, CA
• Willingness to travel and work lengthy shifts, and on weekends with short notice
• Must have a valid driver's license
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $85,000-100,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].