Coordinator, Human Resources
NBC SportsStamford, CT
Full Time Job
The HR Coordinator is responsible for providing HR administration support across several NBC Sports groups including Programming, Marketing, Finance, Digital, GolfNow and SportsEngine. Key responsibilities include processing workflows, maintain critical HR data, responding to employee questions and provide support for project work. This position is also responsible for interfacing and problem solving with a number of business partners including Talent Acquisition, Finance, Benefits, Payroll, and HR Operations.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide accurate and timely responses to employees regarding payroll, benefits, employee perks, paid time off, and company policies
• Manage on-boarding and off-boarding for staff and freelancers
• Process new hire and personnel actions for SAP data changes, promotions, timekeeper actions, termination paperwork, organizational changes, etc. through required work flow process
• Act as the primary liaison with several HR departments including Payroll and Benefits, in order to manage and resolve issues
• Maintain and update personnel files, data, list, shared drives, and org charts
• Prepare job requisitions for open positions & process posting requests
• Assist in program rollouts such as performance management, compensation planning and benefits open enrollment
• Participate in contact tracing, ensuring reporting and information is maintain accurately
• Monitor the HR Mailbox â€'' responding to employee queries, maintaining reports for security access to our facilities.
• Provide on-site support during employee events
• Partner with business intern supervisors in managing placement of interns on a semester basis
• Provide administrative HR support, including delivering trainings to employees, preparing presentations, generating monthly and ad hoc reports, and maintaining department headcount, temp and staffing reports, etc.
• Plan logistics for employee learning & development initiatives, trainings, roundtables, etc. including room reservations and technology set-up
• Serve as primary user for all HR systems: SAP, Business Warehouse reporting, Brassring, e-I9, etc.
• Run regular and ad hoc reports from HR systems in support of HR Business partners
• Create an environment of positive employee relations, keeps confidentiality, establishes trust and credibility, seen by employees as approachable and fair, balances business needs with employee needs, and spends significant time interfacing directly with employees/client base.
• Keep apprised & updated on new regulations, company policies & procedures
• Bachelor's degree is required
• Mid to advanced expertise with Microsoft Excel (ability to process data, create pivot tables, charts and formulas) and PowerPoint
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered (note job #: XXXXXBR)
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Human Resource certification or professional human resource affiliations
• Experience with SAP
• Exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
• Experience working in a fast paced environment
• Extremely flexible, highly organized, and able to easily shift priorities
• Ability to quickly and accurately answer employee questions
• Ability and willingness to take on the administrative duties, heavy work flow processing
• "Customer service" minded professional
• Exceptional communication skills, with the professional savvy of communicating at all levels
• Strong interest in a career in media industry
• Possess a natural, yet professional ease at working with and relating to the needs of employees in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment