NBC SportsStamford, CT
This was removed by the employer on 2/14/2024 8:02:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Broadcast Engineer jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all Broadcast Engineer postings
Full Time Job
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world
The Production/ Broadcast Engineer will report to the Sr. Director, Production Engineering. Provide front line broadcast engineering and technical support across several studios and control rooms. The main duties of this position are the support of all broadcast systems and technology within the Stamford Sports facility for day of air live programs, troubleshooting of broadcast hardware and systems, computer security compliance as well as handling a project load including system design, integration, and system commissioning. This job entails a broad combination of Maintenance and Project Management/System Engineering. The support needs span 7 days a week and at many points in the year are part of a 24x7 schedule.
• Perform system level troubleshooting of technical facilities, including, but not limited to, control rooms, studio equipment, audio equipment, and computer systems associated with those areas
• Perform preventative maintenance on studio & control room equipment
• Assist Studio Operations with control room and studio technical setup.
• Interface with production and operations teams to implement technical solutions to meet production initiatives
• Perform equipment and systems software installation and updates.
• Repair/troubleshoot equipment to module level utilizing industry standard test equipment
• Manage projects, design systems, and assist integration.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in a television broadcast environment or equivalent combination of education/ and or experience
• BS degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of computer server installation and maintenance.
• Extensive Knowledge of Mac OSX, Microsoft Windows platforms.
• Proficient with broadcast production systems and software including Audio Consoles, Intercom Systems, Video Switchers, Wireless audio, server-based playout and communications systems.
• Understanding of TCP/IP networks and other PC networking technologies.
• Understanding of digital TV (HDSDI) as well as core technical/plant facilities.
• Proficient in software-driven broadcast video equipment.
• Ability to read and understand system signal flow diagrams for television control room and studio facilities.
• In-depth understanding of wireless audio and communication technologies.
• Position requires excellent interpersonal skills. Position requires a cool, levelheaded individual who works well under the pressures of â€œliveâ€ television.
• Hands-on, problem-solving skills with broadcast-related equipment and systems.
• Understanding of the urgent needs of the on-air Sports environment; ability to stay focused and productive in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing assignments.
• Ability and willingness to learn new production technologies.
• Live production experience preferred
• Specific experience with Sony cameras and switchers, EVS Servers, Evertz and Grass Valley Routing, RTS Intercom, Calrec Audio Consoles, and Tektronix and Leader Test and measurement systems
• Knowledge of 2110
• Have experience in System Design, AutoCad, Project Management desired.
• Television production and workflow experience.
• Experience with 1080P and 4K HDR.
• Ability to support 24x7 production environment.
• Strong customer focus.
• Must be a self-starter who is able to meet deadlines.
• The ability to work both alone and in a team environment with fellow engineers, Operations, IT and other departments.
• Experience with system design, documentation, and project management of projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication as well as diplomacy skills.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Willingness to work nights and weekends
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.