NBC SportsStamford, CT
Freelance Associate Director (Olympic Games) - NBC Sports
The Associate Director will work with the production team to deliver live and same day delay event coverage during the Olympic Games.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 1 month during Games Time, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Work with commercial control to roll breaks
• Report to the show producer to prepare and deliver shows for broadcast, including but not limited to writing copy, formatting rundowns, ordering on-air graphic elements, and working with playback team on timings of show elements and segments.
• Work independently and/or as a member of a creative team
• Proactively offer and communicate new ideas to take the coverage forward
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or related field
• Minimum three (3) years' experience as an Associate Director
• Have a deep knowledge of, and interest in, the Olympics
• Capable of working in a fast-paced environment, and â€œgo the extra mileâ€ under tight deadlines
• Ability to multitask and manage a variety of responsibilities on a day-to-day basis
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team
• Possess a high level of initiative
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite - Stamford, CT.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.