White House Producer
NBC NewsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 10:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for White House Producer jobs in Washington-DC
Search all White House Producer postings
Full Time Job
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain, and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests, and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced, and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
As a White House producer, you will be a critical part of the NBC News team covering the President. In this highly collaborative job, you will work closely with the White House Unit Director, Correspondents, Coordinating Producer, and other White House Producers at the White House, in the field, and in the Washington, DC newsroom. The position requires the ability to work flexible hours and travel extensively. This White House Producer will spend time coordinating team logistics, field producing, logging daily events and briefings, working with our correspondents in the White House Booth, and supporting the daily workflow of the team.
• Work with correspondents in the NBC White House Booth to prepare for live, taped, and written reports for all NBC News Group platforms
• Work with White House Producer team to coordinate the gathering and feeding of news materials relating to the President
• Carry out planning and coordination of both breaking news and planned news events, in close collaboration with White House Director and Coordinating Producer
• Communicate with beat leaders, story captains, and other newsroom management to carry out coverage of White House events and trips
• Field produce White House Correspondents in DC and other locations outside the White House, as necessary
• Assist in breaking news & on-going story coverage, including thorough reporting and internet research
• Log Presidential events, White House Briefings, and other administration-related events and background calls during their shifts
• Pitch original story ideas for all platforms
• Utilize a variety of logging platforms, such as Otter and Media Central
• Manage record keeping systems of the team to organize and collect information regarding the President's relevant activities
• Other responsibilities may change depending on breaking news and scheduling
• Must have a minimum of 5 years editorial experience working in production at a network/cable news operation
• Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Must be willing to work in Washington, D.C.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours and travel extensively
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Excellent news judgment
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven ability to prioritize and make critical decisions under tight deadlines
• Team player who can also work independently and is a self-starter
• Demonstrated field producing experience
• Previous White House experience preferred
• Exposure to Washington pool arrangements, rotations, and policies
• Familiarity with transmission pools and remote production needs
• Strong reporting, writing, and research skills
• Solid skills producing live reports including coordinating with a live control room
• Knowledge of the daily production needs of news programs, special reports and interrupt
This is an onsite role. If you are not traveling or in the field, the expectation is that you are in the office during normal business hours.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.