Talent Acquisition Recruiter
NBC NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As a Recruiter for the NBC News and MSNBC Talent Acquisition team, you will be responsible for developing and executing a recruiting strategy, while partnering with News leaders, HR partners, and the Talent Acquisition campus team to identify and bring in top talent for Editorial, Digital and Production roles across the NBC & Telemundo Stations Group.
Development & Execution of Sourcing & Recruiting Strategy
• Proactively source, screen, interview, and recommend candidates for open roles and effectively share talent across the portfolio.
• Continually document all candidate conversations with key detailed information regarding their candidacy.
• Develop understanding of the local media marketplace and use that knowledge to identify potential candidates for Editorial, Digital, and Production roles.
• Identify and clarify hiring qualifications while confirming principal requirements to ensure accurate and detailed job descriptions.
• Implement sourcing strategies that will drive talent to open positions and create a robust pipeline at all levels inclusive of diversity.
• Use Social Networking and online tools to proactively source and communicate with passive talent.
• Identify, plan, manage and attend internal and external networking events that will connect you directly with talent.
• Keep up-to-date with new recruiting methods; assist in developing consistent corporate recruiting strategy.
• Educate and sell candidates on the opportunity and NBC News/MSNBC being an employer of choice.
Partnership & Relationship Management
• Build strong consultative relationships with News Leaders and HR Partners in order to understand business priorities and anticipate staffing needs.
• Develop robust partnerships with Campus Programs.
• Leverage high level communications skills with the hiring team throughout the recruiting lifecycle to provide information on the recruitment market place, gain a better understanding of the talent pool and to set realistic expectations.
• Ensure a smooth recruiting process by using communication skills to manage expectations and provide process updates.
Project Management & Mentorship
• Participate in or lead planning of Talent Acquisition Events, inclusive of large conferences, onsite networking events, and more.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 5 years of work experience in a search firm or corporate recruiting environment or related industry position with responsibilities of acquiring talent
• Experience managing projects and owning client relationships
• Experience working with Microsoft Office, Outlook, PowerPoint and/or SAP and ATS System preferred
• Previous experience working in a newsroom environment
• Previous experience recruiting for positions in television news media, digital media, or other news platforms
• Passionate about providing exceptional customer service to internal and external partners and clients
• Possess a wide range of experience on current corporate recruiting policies, practices, and industry trends
• Experienced in behavioral based interviewing, pre-employment testing, and other innovative selection methods
• Ability to assess staffing needs and develop creative and effective recruiting strategies to meet those needs
• Aptitude in assessing intangible aspects of candidates accurately (candidate's fit with the position and with the company culture)
• Strong knowledge of basic employment law, OFCCP guidelines and HR practices
• Proven ability to identify opportunities and drive TA process improvements
• Ability to in work in a fast-paced environment and work with all levels of management
• Clear desire to make work fun and enjoyable within a team work environment
• Proven aptitude to execute in a changing professional environment