Sr. Manager, Human Resources
NBC NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The role of Sr. HR Manager is an exciting opportunity to partner with NBC News' premier brands, the Today Show and Nightly News as well as its editorial units, in a broad range of HR functions. This role will be responsible for supporting the business in a dynamic working environment. In addition, this role will be responsible for partnering with the wider News HR team on emerging businesses and managing cross-portfolio initiatives and special projects along with employee engagement activities.
• Provide onsite HR leadership and support for Today Show, Nightly News, editorial, and functional teams – serve as main point of contact for all recruitment, benefits, payroll, and employee relations issues.
• Participate in and lead key HR initiatives, including: staffing, performance management, organization planning, compensation planning, and employee development.
• Understand dynamics and key business priorities of client groups to provide coaching to business leaders on effectively managing and leading their organizations.
• Assume leadership role in resolving employee relations issues, coaching managers through the process.
• Advocate and offer guidance and counseling to employees concerning work-related issues and work to resolve issues in a proactive and positive manner.
• Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures when questions arise (vacation, parental leave, etc.).
• Participate in the ideation and organization of onsite employee events related to strategic initiatives (diversity, wellness, L&D, pipeline programs, etc.) – i.e. health & job fairs, development programs, volunteering opportunities, workplace seminars, etc.
• Manage staffing process, working with hiring managers and talent acquisition team to identify recruitment strategies as well as ensure diverse candidate slates and top-quality candidate selection.
• Provide coaching to employees and managers, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner.
• Manage performance activities / initiatives in collaboration with legal and labor relations.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field of study.
• Minimum 6 years of relevant HR partnering experience including recruiting, performance management, salary planning and organizational development.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Demonstrated knowledge of applicable State and Federal employment laws and general business practices.
• Master's degree in HR and/or related field a plus.
• Experience working in a news, media, broadcast, or other like industry
• Creative problem solver with a passion for HR strategy.
• Excellent leadership, problem solving, project management and presentation skills.
• Previous experience in television, digital, tech, entertainment industry.
• Strong employee-relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with employees in assigned groups.
• Proven project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results.
• Strong business acumen, analytical and project management skills.
• Strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually, and in groups.
• Demonstrated coaching/mentoring/leadership skills; change agent; results orientation; high energy; comfortable handling multiple tasks and competing priorities.
• Exceptional communication skills, with the professional savvy of communicating effectively with all levels of employees, managers and executives.
• Possess a natural, yet professional ease at working with and relating to the needs of employees in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Must be detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow-through and analytical skills.
• Must have ability to execute both strategic and tactical priorities.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills a must, including the ability to interface with others inside and outside of the company in a positive and professional manner.
• Must be able to work independently with the ability to juggle priorities and manage time to effectively meet deadlines.
• Ability to and be comfortable working in both a corporate environment as well as a production environment.
• Ability to work in a diverse and fast paced environment.