Spring Intern - MSNBC
NBC NewsNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
NBC News & MSNBC Internships – Spring 2019 (New York, NY)
NBC News is a leading source of global news and information operating for over 75 years. Every week, NBC News provides more than 30 hours of television news programming, including the top-rated ''NBC Nightly News'' ''TODAY,'' and ''Meet the Press'' programs. The continuously growing online presence of NBC News, NBC News Digital, includes NBCNews.com, msnbc.com, TODAY.com, NBC Latino, NBC BLK, social media and all of the network's digital initiatives. In addition to its leading news programs and wide range of digital platforms, the network's portfolio includes Peacock Productions, an award-winning in house production company. NBC News Channel is the network's liaison to over 200 affiliate stations across the country.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• NBC Network News, TODAY, Dateline, MSNBC Production, MSNBC Dayside Shows, MSNBC Primetime Shows, MSNBC Weekend Shows
• News Partnerships
• Public Relations
• Archive Sales
• Long Form
• Original Video
• Assignment Desk
• Breaking News Specials
• Digital (NBCNews.com, MACH, THINK, Diversity Verticals, TODAY.com)
• Audience Research
• Digital Insights
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY BY NOVEMBER 2, 2018.
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership.
• Strong interest in and demonstrated knowledge of current affairs.
• Interns should have experience or strong interest in politics/government, and/or journalism
• Ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment, often under tight deadline pressures.